• April 25, 2024, 08:59:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-320RD - windows media player  (Read 4284 times)

ezkim0x

DSM-320RD - windows media player
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

I have a question about using windows media player sharing for the DSM-320RD

I was wondering if you share with it, instead of the media server.. if it uses the codecs you have installed through windows media player?

I have a few files that won't play on the dsm .. but will play fine on my computer through windows media.. I'd rather not have to reencode them.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM-320RD - windows media player
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »

The Windows Media Player 11 UPnP AV server does not support all the same files and codecs as the Media Player.

The Windows media player 11 UPnP AV server supports:

• Music files, such as Windows Media Audio (.wma), MP3 (.mp3), and WAV (.wav) files. Note that audio CDs that are inserted into your computer can't be shared.

• Video files, such as Windows Media Video (.wmv), AVI (.avi), MPEG-1 (.mpeg, .mpg), and MPEG-2 (.mpeg, .mpg) files. Note that DVD-Video discs that are inserted into your computer can't be shared.

• Picture files, such as JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg), portable network graphics (.png), and Windows Media Photo (.wpd) files.

• Playlists, such as Windows Media playlist (.wpl) and MP3 playlist (.m3u) files.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream