• April 25, 2024, 02:56:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Virtual server not working  (Read 5205 times)

pelle.jansen

• Level 1 Member
Virtual server not working
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »

Hi all,
Just got my new router and NAS and tried to set everything up.
It all went fine until I got to the WebAcces part of my NAS. You have to set up port forwarding or virtual server to allow it access to the web for it to work, but when I set up a port in both port forwarding or virtual server, it doesn't work and CanYouSeeMe.org says connection refused. Have tried everything I could think of including a factory restore but no luck.
The strange thing is that the first time I tried virtual server CanYouSeeMe.org gave me the green light and it worked but after a few minutes it stopped again and got a connection refused  ??? ??? ??? .
If I don't set anything up on port forwarding or virtual server, CanYouSeeMe.org gives a timeout so it is doing something.
Torrent downloading also won't work. Have tried UPnP but gives an error: UPnP Gateway not found and/or doesn't support port forwarding, use manual setup; for both Torrent and WebAccess.
I have set the DHCP Reservation to my NAS so the IP will not expire and cause virtual server/port forwarding to fail.
My setup is in my signature.
Web Access does work locally.

Apart from this problem I am very happy with this setup. The WiFi range is good enough, streaming a full HD 1080p from the NAS to the media PC over 5ghz works perfect, TimeMachine backup works great, OLED screen is ideal for fast log checking (My router is in the living room so you have easy access to it). Really the only downside I have for this thing is the port forwarding/virtual server issue.

Hope to hear from you soon with a solution.

Pellè  :)

ps: sorry for some mistakes, I am Dutch.
D-Link DIR-855 (Hardware Version: A2; Firmware Version: 1.21EU)
NAS: Buffalo LinkStation Live NAS 2TB (Firmware 1.34)
Wired: PC, Printer, NAS
Wirreles: Media PC, MacBook, iMac, Samsung Galaxy S, OQO Model 01+

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Virtual server not working
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

What ISP service do you have? DSL or cable?
Does the ISP modem have built in router or is it a stand alone modem?

I would set up a static IP address reservation on the router for All of your devices so the IP addresses wont change by chance.

Ensure you are getting Primary and 2ndary DNS IP addresses in the Setup/Internet/Manual section.

Resetup the virtual server rule again.

Try changing the SPI FW settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UCP and see if this does anything. Try turning it off as a test.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.