• April 20, 2024, 07:15:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WMM with Intel working?  (Read 3948 times)

sigusr1

• Level 1 Member
WMM with Intel working?
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

I have two laptops with Intel 5300 and Intel 6300 wieless NIC. The problem is performance when using them. I only get transferrates about 3MBytes/sec when I expect about 6-9MBytes/sec with these cards.

I know that when I used Windows Vista (long time ago) I had thoses rates when using he Intel 5300 card.
At that time i could re-produce this problem by disable WMM since WMM is needed to get full speed from N wireless. I have 20/40MHz channels on auto and only WPA2 with AES so I should reach full speed. The cards do connect nice with 300Mbps without problem and they have three antennas in the laptops.

So the questin now when using Windows 7 64-bit and latest drivers from Intel and only manage to have about 3MBytes/sec rates is WMM working with Intel cards?

alien

• Level 3 Member
Re: WMM with Intel working?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:39:33 AM »

is that speed on intertnal netwerk, or if you download something from the internet? and what is your connectione speed from your provider?
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.

sigusr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:51 AM »

Only trying internal network from wireless to fileserver connected on the internal switchport of dir-855 so no Internet involved here.

sigusr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »

Issue been solved.

I did a reflash with lastest 1.23EUb06 code instead of 1.23WWbxx code and at the same time I switch to use the bridge mode of my dir-855. Now I have full speed once again in my router which means that when I copy a file to my fileserver it is 8-9MBytes/sec transfer instead of before 3MBytes/sec on wireless.

If it was firmware change or bridge mode usage that fixed it I do not know and since it works I will not touch it!