• April 18, 2024, 06:16:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 487891 times)

KaZo

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2013, 01:57:38 AM »

Hi!
I have a wish: (sorry, my english is poor)
i want to change the owner and group on the panel Home/my files/middle panel/ leftclick on directory/properties. hier can you also set the rights (rwxrwxrwx)
so can you make user folders in a shared folder.
this time i logged in  with users on a file server under windows, made their user folders, so owner/goup are OK, and i set the rights on the properties panel on the web interface (as admin).
a user can't  see in this way the home-folders from another users, and i have only one shared folder, no needs shared folder for all users.
Thx.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:03 AM »

Hi!
I have a wish: (sorry, my english is poor)
i want to change the owner and group on the panel Home/my files/middle panel/ leftclick on directory/properties. hier can you also set the rights (rwxrwxrwx)
so can you make user folders in a shared folder.
this time i logged in  with users on a file server under windows, made their user folders, so owner/goup are OK, and i set the rights on the properties panel on the web interface (as admin).
a user can't  see in this way the home-folders from another users, and i have only one shared folder, no needs shared folder for all users.
Thx.

I'm sorry but I'm not 100% sure what your wishlist suggestion is. . . can you please clarify?
Thanks!  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:43 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloads (rather than reinserting the username, password, and host name combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Add USB storage location in web_file_server copy function
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Support for additional cloud storage providers (e.g. Dropbox)
  • General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to disable execution of "chmod -R 777" during each boot
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Option to disable LPD service
  • General - Option to disable the Samba service
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • General - SSH (RSYNC) support
  • General - Support for Plex Media Server add-in
  • General - Symbolic Links (filesystem)
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • DLNA - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content
  • DLNA - Improved Samsung Smart TV support
  • DLNA - Compliant subtitle support(i.e. *.srt, *.sub)
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Email Notification - Send email notification when USB backup/sync completes
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • mydlink - Remove dependency on Wizard to register the DNS-320L
  • App - Support to post media to Google Picasa, Fliker, and similar services
  • App - iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - eDonkey support
  • App - P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet link
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet links
  • App - P2P - Support for private torrent trackers
  • App - P2P - User/Group rights management
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content   
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L
  • USB - Backup on a schedule
  • USB - Option for incremental backup to USB storage
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • USB - Remote GUI software
  • USB - SharePort support
  • USB - Shutdown USB connected storage when DNS-325 enters hibernate mode
  • USB - USB sound card support

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

htlecso

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »

I have installed firmware 1.02 beta 3 days ago. It completely solved my perpetual P2P freezing problems. Thumbs up!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2013, 05:45:40 AM »

I have installed firmware 1.02 beta 3 days ago. It completely solved my perpetual P2P freezing problems. Thumbs up!

The Beta firmware you are referencing was not released in the United States due to technical issues and is currently being reworked and tested. A new version of this firmware will be released after testing has completed. I will add this fix to the firmware wishlist after the official beta (or release) firmware is published. . . and assuming the issue is actually fixed.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloads (rather than reinserting the username, password, and host name combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

sblanc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2013, 02:34:49 AM »

Hi, Regarding SmartTV support. 2 points have to be update:

First one is the browsing.
Media server have to return only 1 item when requester asking for 1 item. see detail here http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52462.0

Second one is mkv reading.
Maedia server return a wrong Mine type for .mkv file. Official MimeType for .mkv file is 'video/x-matroska'. for now, media server return 'video/x-mkv'.

krusty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »

- Some way to disable the do_thumbnail process (it seems to kill write performance, at least when you are copying images)

- Print server support for Brother HL-1430

Thanks
Claas

pittnuma

• Level 3 Member
    • Yorkshire Gliding Club
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:00 AM »

Ability to stream AVI files

Ability to increase the log file size.

Thanks

Darren
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:26 AM »

Hi, Regarding SmartTV support. 2 points have to be update:

First one is the browsing.
Media server have to return only 1 item when requester asking for 1 item. see detail here http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52462.0

Can you please elaborate? I read the thread your referencing, but do not understand exactly what you're asking for.

Second one is mkv reading.
Maedia server return a wrong Mine type for .mkv file. Official MimeType for .mkv file is 'video/x-matroska'. for now, media server return 'video/x-mkv'.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:42 AM »

- Some way to disable the do_thumbnail process (it seems to kill write performance, at least when you are copying images)

- Print server support for Brother HL-1430

Thanks
Claas

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »

Ability to stream AVI files

Ability to increase the log file size.

Thanks

Darren

Added... ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:27 AM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Option to disable do_thumbnail process (i.e. process impacts performance)
  • General - Option to increase log file size
  • Print Server - Support for "Brother HL-1430"
  • UPnP - Support for streaming AVI files
  • UPnP - Wrong Mine type returned for .mkv files (i.e. returns "video/x-mkv" rather than "video/x-matroska")

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:10:12 AM by JavaLawyer »

adamdawson5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

WIll the update to fix the issue with Samsung TVs be fixed soon. Is there a timescale on this. Would be nice to know as may have to swap the NAS if its not going to be soon

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »

WIll the update to fix the issue with Samsung TVs be fixed soon. Is there a timescale on this. Would be nice to know as may have to swap the NAS if its not going to be soon

This is a wishlist of items the user community would like to be fixed, not a full list of items D-Link has committed to fixing within a specified release/time period. D-Link is aware of the wishlists maintained for various products on these boards and does review the content.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32