• March 28, 2024, 01:44:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need to get machines behind the Dlink to connect to a mac mini through SMB  (Read 2328 times)

WeinbergerK

• Level 1 Member

I am using a Dlink 655 router. On the inside are DHCP systems.  On the outside is my server.  I cannot seem to get the inside machines to recognize my file shares outside the dlink.  The outside server is a MAC mini.  Any machine outside the server can see the file shares (regardless if they are a Mac or a Windows PC - So I know that SMB is set-up properly).

How can I get the inside servers to see the file shares on the outside machine?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Need to get machines behind the Dlink to connect to a mac mini through SMB
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »

What do you mean by outside? Not sure if you mean the mac is located in another location or is it on the same network? Need a bit more detail here.
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

Somethings you can try:

Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual? You can find these under Status/Device Info/Wan section.
Turn off ALL QoS (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options. Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel.
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router. Setup/Networking
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.