• March 29, 2024, 05:23:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Start to get a image flicker  (Read 3206 times)

britinva

• Level 1 Member
Start to get a image flicker
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »

OK, so the camera has been working well for a week or so use iSPY to record video on motion...... was getting 3 or 4 videos a night from cat movements.

Now getting 50+ videos as appears to be an intermittent flicker that makes iSPY think there has been an image change..... anyone else had this issue?

Not sure its same thing as the other flicker issue where a capacitor mod required.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Start to get a image flicker
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »

Is the DCS-932L connected via a wired or wireless connection? If the camera is wireless, there's a good chance that signal attenuation or interference from nearby electronic devices is causing the image artifacts. As a test: (1) try moving the camera closer to the router; (2) switch to a wired connection to see if the issue persists.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:02:42 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

britinva

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »

Yes, its wireless...... will try moving first then try hard wired.

astoneface

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »

Wow you are lucky! I have this issue as well, but I get several hundred videos to go through each day! It usually takes about 3-4 hours to go through all the videos every day, which are about 95% screen flickers and false alerts. You are very lucky to only have 50, that would take me about 3 minutes to deal with.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 04:29:01 AM »

Wow you are lucky! I have this issue as well, but I get several hundred videos to go through each day! It usually takes about 3-4 hours to go through all the videos every day, which are about 95% screen flickers and false alerts. You are very lucky to only have 50, that would take me about 3 minutes to deal with.

Is your camera also wireless? Did you try using a wired connection to see if that reduces the quantity of false motion detection events?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC