• March 28, 2024, 01:06:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-6620 Firmware problem  (Read 9971 times)

RiFF_RaFF

• Level 1 Member
DCS-6620 Firmware problem
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »

Hi!

I have 2 of these cams DCS-6620, firmware 1.03.. I upgraded one of them to firmware 1.06, and this worked fine for some days.

Suddenly this camera somehow crashed, and it told me something like "filesystem crashed, please reinstall firmware" when trying to connect to the webinterface with IE.

I tried to reinstall the firmware (Installation Wizard 1.11) No luck..
(Connection timeout)

After power cycling the camera, I tried again to reinstall the firmware (1.03) with the "Installation Wizard", but it always gives an error message if I try any buttons like the "Upgrade"or the "Reset to defaults" button (Connection timeout).  I also did a reset to defaults with the reset button on the camera.

The webinterface still gives me the video from the camera, but if I try to access the menu "Configuration" I only get a http404. Also all of the graphics for the buttons are missing in the webinterface, BTW. "Client Settings" works. My other DCS-6620 (1.03) works flawlessly with the same computer.

Is there an alternate way to reinstall the older firmware (1.03) in the camera? I see that I can access it from Telnet, or maybe it supports TFTP?

Hope someone can help!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:14:27 PM by RiFF_RaFF »

binarybro

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-6620 Firmware problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »

You may wish to view my earlier post, "DCS-6620 Connection Timed Out." as it seems we may be having similar problems. I will continue to monitor your post in hopes of finding a solution as well.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »

Can you please provide a screen shot of the screen you are seeing when logging into the camera?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

RiFF_RaFF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:46:33 PM »

To have a look at what I see when I log into the cameras try this:

http://bryllup.feoy.net/

cam1 is the one with the problem..

cam2 is OK

cam1 doesn't even ask me for a password when I connect to it..

You could even test it live here:

http://raffraff.mine.nu/

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:56:09 PM by RiFF_RaFF »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »

So how do you get this message file system crashed please install the firmware?

How did you get it to allow you to log in, just by resetting the unit?

So at this point you are unable to reflash the firmware?

RiFF_RaFF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

I normally check these cameras with the IP-Surveillance software from different places through the internet, and the local network. A few days after upgrading one of the CAMs to firmware 1.06, it was unable to connect to the camera. So then I tried to connect with IE, and this page showed up with "filesystem crashed, please reinstall firmware". I tried to reinstall the firmware (Installation Wizard 1.11)
No luck.. Always "Connection timeout"

Next thing to do was to get the camera out of the DCS-70 outdoor enclosure, and I connected it directly to a computer. Still not able to upgrade firmware (connection timeout), and I also tried the button "Reset to defaults" button (connection timeout). Then I tried to reset the DCS-6620 with its reset button. After that I could get the webinterface like you can see it now, but still no luck with upgrading it with Installation Wizard (connection timeout)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »

Doesn't look like there is much else to do if you cannot load firmware properly on the camera. If you are still withing warranty I would recommend contacting technical support via phone for a replacement...sorry not much help but there only so much you can do.

RiFF_RaFF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »

So there isn't a "backdoor" way to reinstall the firmware?

If not I have an expensive piece of totally useless hardware.. What a shame!

I would strongly recommend other users NOT to install firmware 1.06 on their DCS-6620!

fishh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

I had the same problem.
We purchased over a dozen, when I finally got to installing the last one it was right at a year after purchase.

I upgraded it right out of the box to the newest version and it died.
After a month of back and forward with their tech support I called and they said I was out of warranty (even though the problem ticket was opened when I was under warranty)!

That's pretty bad customer service.
Anyways, I now have a $700+ paperweight because it won't let me re-flash!
If you find a way or someplace that repairs/reflashes let me know!

EDIT: I have an IP, but port scan shows all but port 25 and 110 (mail ports) closed.
Is there any way to update through one of those?

The installation software detects it but times out each time I try to perform an action (update/reset)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:58:45 PM by fishh »

BeaverBoy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »

You get your cameras working?

I have something for you to try if not.