• April 19, 2024, 03:19:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Any fixes for Does not open any ports , on any port rule? (Unreal Tournament 3)  (Read 21451 times)

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
Re: Any fixes for Does not open any ports , on any port rule?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »

Still nobody will tell me what "Roughly equivalent " to Full Cone means. That implies that it may not actually allow SOME unsolicited connections.
The game Server is UT3, I adminned an oc48 fat pipe fed fibre optic server for years....doubt there are many ways to misconfigure clicking on "Endpoint independant"..either you hit the button or miss.

It may be game code error. This game was probably the most glitch riddled release in the last couple of years. UNTIL Patch 2.0 and the Expansion pack released a couple of months ago ( It's a smoooth running game now). But be prepared...75+% of all games released in the next couple of years from ALL developers will be using their engine. :P

So either the firmware is not delivering true One-to-One NAT, or the game netcode is weak. ( I use endpoint independent filtering with SPI off, port forwarding for the officiallly listed ports 6500,7777,13000 and I even added a couple in that always open when the game first starts for account login...8767 and 9989 ...just in case Epic once again forgot to inform the public about game server requirements.)
The game always warns me.... that either the router is remapping internal ports randomly or else it's blocking unsolicited packets to those ports forwarded.

At this point I JUST NEED CLARIFICATION on the exact behaviour of "Endpoint Independent" ..if it in fact allows ANY unsolicited packets to the server's forwarded ports in TRUE One-To-One NAT behaviour. It would greatly help me narrow down the cause of the error message from the server NAT test.
Some features of a server host don't seem to be allowed thru properly despite some people succeeding in connecting.

UT3 blames the router...but if this DGL-4500 DOES allow unsolicited connections from many external addresses, then it's the retail server code that is to blame. I will then have to go the route of using a collocated dedicated server hosting provider... and take it out on Epic.... :P

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:27:40 PM by JunGLe »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 08:04:57 AM »

That sounds more like the NAT wants to allow UPnP based incoming connections, rather then the set ports you've listed.

How about a packet capture?

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »

Heh...He didn't look up the correct ports.

Here's the list...

27900 IS what they use to connect.

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »

You didnt look up the correct ports.
27900 is Gamespy's port on the Gamespy IP address....not the server's: 27900 DOES NOT open on game host ports.

Epic OFFICIALLY lists ONLY 6500,7777,13000 for proper server hosting. There is virtually Zero corrrect 3rd party port forwarding info on the net for UT3, as people were having issues with it's NAT test and tried OLD ports from previous UT's.

Open ports with router on, using spi off, forwarded ports 6500,7777,8767,9989,13000, Endpoint Independent NAT.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:42:59 PM by JunGLe »

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

Take a screenshot of your Port Forward section...

Kinda need to make sure you are doing it right.  And 27900 is NOT the GameSpy port.  6500 is.

And it would help if you pasted your command line (if you are running a dedicated server), compared to a listen server.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »

It's not just THOSE ports for proper server hosting.

If you can't have ALL of those ports open properly and in the right section, you will easily not have your server show up in the list, or ANYONE connecting to you.

TCP: 3783, 6667, 28900, 29900-29901
UDP: 6500, 6515, 7777, 13000, 13139, 27900

You obviously didn't have the correct ports opened.  Open those, and then try.  And make sure your command line is correct too..

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

I'm on the internal Epic mailing list....your list is thoroughly wrong.
6500,7777,13000...THAT's IT. as per Epic staff.

Frome the Server Admin Faq's page :   http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

I get an error message stating 'Your network configuration is not compatible with hosting matches. Please check your router's manual for instructions on setting up 'Port Forwarding' or a 'DMZ server'.' - What does that mean?

- UT3 runs some checks to determine if your network is setup to properly host a UT3 server. If your configuration fails the check then you will receive this error. There are multiple conditions that would cause this error:
1.) First, it checks to see if the outgoing port is randomized. The game communicates on 7777, but some routers may map that to a completely different port. This would need to be disabled in order to host a server.

2.) Second, it checks whether or not an unsolicited connection request from the Internet will be accepted by your router. Most routers will accept responses, but if the connection wasn't initiated from your LAN first, some servers will just reject the incoming request as a security measure. This is usually a setting in the firewall configuration inside your router. Again, this would need to be disabled in order to host a server.

What ports do I need to open on my firewall to allow incoming connections?

- UDP 6500 - Gamespy Query Port
- UDP 7777 - UT3 Game Port
- UDP 13000 - Stats Port

6500 is a query port for gamespy, but 27900 was an old gamespy server port (They opened it for servers like mine to contact them).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:29:58 AM by JunGLe »

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »

Lol...you are hopeless!  If you are unwilling to DO what is required, then you won't be able to host a server.  Go learn about how to host servers bud.

Open up those ports, and try.  If not, not a big deal.

Another thing you may want to try is reserve your IP address as well...

Again, if you are unwilling to do what is required then you are on your own. 

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »

Sorry..those ports were researched long before I came here, no offense intended. Even without a router ....most of those ports that you  listed don't exist in UT3. I will DO what is required if it's relevant...one step at a time.
My 3 ports list comes from the top, the lead programmer confirmed it. ( Mark Rein ).
My screenie shows the ONLY ports that EVER open even with direct modem connection. AND YES...all features work correctly without a router.

IP address is reserved already, SPI is off, even tried disabling dns relay and qos as that supposedly helped UT2004 servers communicate better. The only port rule I use is port forwarding, with Endpoint Independent filtering enabled on both UDP and TCP.

I am currently only using Listen server. I have no commandline to offer you at the moment.

EDIT: I am able to have players connect in case that got lost in the convo. The NAT test warns me in any Port rule I use, even DMZ. SO at this point I'm trying to just ascertain that the DGL-4500 does true One-To-One NAT/Truly allows externally initiated connection requests. This MAY be a listen server limitation not fixed by Epic....and knowing 100% surely that the router does offer One-to-One, I can safely rule out the router altogether and just ignore the message while I use listen server.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:56:55 PM by JunGLe »

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »

If you are ONLY running a listen server, then you need to have the "listen" ports open...which is what I had offered you.

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 12:49:17 PM »

If those were listen ports for a listen server, then wouldn't those ports open up and show in a packet capture when my listen server has only a modem connected directly to the internet?

They don't show up at all. ever. MY ports opened are exactly the same when it's directly connected with no router. Just 6500,7777,8767,9989,13000, and random 45000-65000 ports that dont require forwarding.
Frankly..I tried those ports that you listed already many times...back when Epic hadn't yet posted a concise Port Forward list. There was just superstitious guessing going on at the time.

SkyOwl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »

Common guys...quite throwing snipes at each other.  You both seem extremly well versed in the issues, all that needs to happen is to identify the correct answer.  A lot of us are interested in the result.  All of your posts contain a wealth of information and are appreciated by the community.  Thanks.

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

If it helps at all, the server NAT test is comprised of contacting a STUN server at either stunserver.org OR
stun.xten.com  to determine NAT behaviour. Running a home stun server that uses the internal IP address and switchback address 192.168.0.199 & 127.0.0.1 disarms the NAT error warning. Using a home stun server was "necessary" only a couple of patches ago, back when UT3 would disable LAN hosting if the NAT test failed. It's only use now is to disable the warning popup.

P.S. I feel that I may have been a little mislead or confused when stating "won't open any ports" in my subject line as that proclamation was based on level 3 tech support at D-Link, who asked me to use http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to see if the ports were getting opened. It always said the ports were closed even with players connected after that support call.
Obviously there is some connectivity though,  and I will try to get some packet captures with a player or two connected.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:49:23 PM by JunGLe »

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 02:12:04 PM »

Open Ports with unfirewalled modem:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:13:41 PM by JunGLe »

JunGLe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »

Open Ports with modem only and 1 player connected.

Pages: 1 [2] 3