The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-878

Issues with the DIR 878 firmware v1.20

(1/3) > >>

Luizlp10:
Region: Brazil/South America.

Hi there! I've been noticing some issues while using the dir 878 configuration page that I would like to share with you to see if there is any fix available. Sometimes my DNS servers manual inserted get reset to the ISP's DNS automatically for no apparent reason, which is pretty annoying because it happens all the time. Then, after configuring QoS devices and allocating them to their respective tiers, the router just duplicate some of those devices(sometimes) and does'nt allow me to save QoS settings(time-to-time). Also website filtering rules don't apply even after saving settings.

Overall I've been having a good performance with this router regarding speeds and range but I am feeling that this firmware is very unstable, specially if you consider that it always refresh to the main page even when I'm configuring it, which just does'nt make any sense at all.

Just wonder if some of you are experiencing anything like this too. Thanks for your attention!

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

What browser are you using when your configuring the routers web page?
Does this happen with IE11, FF or Opera as well?

* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

I would make contact with your regional D-Link support office and let them know of your experiences and what your seeing:
Link> Tech Support Contact Information

Luizlp10:
Thanks for the reply. I am using Google Chrome but it also happens in Firefox and Microsoft Edge. I reseted the router to factory default after the issues started to appear but not before firmware v1.20 was installed.

edilima:

--- Quote from: Luizlp10 on August 08, 2019, 07:33:38 AM ---Region: Brazil/South America.

Hi there! I've been noticing some issues while using the dir 878 configuration page that I would like to share with you to see if there is any fix available. Sometimes my DNS servers manual inserted get reset to the ISP's DNS automatically for no apparent reason, which is pretty annoying because it happens all the time. Then, after configuring QoS devices and allocating them to their respective tiers, the router just duplicate some of those devices(sometimes) and does'nt allow me to save QoS settings(time-to-time). Also website filtering rules don't apply even after saving settings.

Overall I've been having a good performance with this router regarding speeds and range but I am feeling that this firmware is very unstable, specially if you consider that it always refresh to the main page even when I'm configuring it, which just does'nt make any sense at all.

Just wonder if some of you are experiencing anything like this too. Thanks for your attention!

--- End quote ---

Hey dude, I am also from Brazil and I also used DIR 878 on firmware v1.20.
In addition to the issues you found, I also found that SmartConnect toggle button on wireless settings does not appear on Chrome and whenever you turn it on using internet explorer, it resets the channel you previously set on 2.4Ghz network to AUTO.

Now on firmware v1.20 it seems you can only set 2.4 network to an specific channel of your choice if you set SmartConnect to OFF. Otherwise it will ALWAYS be set to AUTO. The odd thing is that 5GHz network channel is not set to AUTO. This bug only happens on 2.4 Ghz network.

Additionally, the auto firmware update toggle button located in admin seetings, also does not appear on Chrome.

Because of all these issues, I downgraded my firmware back to v1.12 until those issues get fixed.

On firmware v1.12, I am getting very good speeds. 732mbs on 2.4Ghz using channel bonding (40Mhz) and 1733 mbs on 5Ghz network using 80Mhz channel size (measured using inSSIDer app on windows). Looks like the router is using all its four streams :D

FurryNutz:
I would find it hard to believe that your getting 1733Mbps on 5Ghz on the 878 since 160Mhz isn't supported as of yet. Let alone with only 80Mhz channel width.  ::) I presume you meant 1300Mbps?

--- Quote from: edilima on August 09, 2019, 05:49:13 AM ---On firmware v1.12, I am getting very good speeds. 732mbs on 2.4Ghz using channel bonding (40Mhz) and 1733 mbs on 5Ghz network using 80Mhz channel size (measured using inSSIDer app on windows). Looks like the router is using all its four streams :D

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version