• March 28, 2024, 01:20:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWL-7700AP Interference Troubleshooting  (Read 14657 times)

JHK

• Level 3 Member
DWL-7700AP Interference Troubleshooting
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »

Since we are talking about the DWL-7700AP, often we come across a customer who has a sporadic and intermittent connection although they are within the manufacturer suggested range. Well, I know the typical ranges vary depending on the types of  materials and background RF noise, despite the few obstacles interferences, how would you modify the this device's advance settings which includes fragmentation, RTS, data rate & etc? Thanks in advance.  :-\
Life is cool! :)

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
DWL-7700AP Interference Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »

First as the above does not match the previous thread I will be branching it into a new thread.

When a customer has a problem with this product, be it rebooting, dropping, the usual suspects I always suspect the environment right off the back and I don't get proven wrong (at least not that I have ever found out).  Please start out by asking customers to take the equipment to a new environment, for example taking it home with them for an evening.  This has always in my experience proven to either make the problem better (this expected outcome) or made it worse (it still happens occasionally).  Once we have confirmed a change in environment is directly the cause of the product being more or less stable we know the problem is interference, as that is all that has changed.
non progredi est regredi