• March 28, 2024, 07:53:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Weird issue with streaming avi files  (Read 58000 times)

roger.lightbown@ntlworld.

• Level 1 Member
Weird issue with streaming avi files
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »

I stream video files from my Buffalo Linkstation NAS drive to my D-Link DSM-510. This has always worked fine when I connect the player to the network using its built in wifi, but if I connect via ethernet through my newly acquired wireless bridge/ethernet converter (Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP), avi files which previously played fine via the built in wifi are visible but greyed out and cannot be played. Mpg video files play fine and mp4 video files are not greyed out but will not play. Most avi files are divx or xvid encoded.

The same thing happens if I use a VOINETS single port wireless bridge/ethernet converter, so it seems to be a generalised issue with accessing the NAS/network via this method.

As I say, this is just weird and I can't imagine why this would happen. Surely the network will be the same whether via the built in wifi or the ethernet converter, and I can't see why it would affect the playability of files. That said, its happening and there must be a reason why.

Any ideas why?