• April 23, 2024, 09:32:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help on reinstall  (Read 3532 times)

neophyte

• Level 1 Member
Help on reinstall
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »

I have a desktop running XP and a laptop with Win7. Everything was fine with my Desktop connected to my router, cablemodem and Vonage modem for phone. Had a  shared internet connection and a network between DT and laptop. Had a problem with phone connection and in the process of  fixing it I foolishly factory reset the router.  I eventually removed the router from everything to have internet on my DT.  I have tryed to reinstall router using the CD and keep getting a msg. that says I have a router installed and the only way I can proceed is to respond by saying I want to install a new router.  Unsuccessful.  When I try to get t0 192.168.0.1 to do a setup that way I keep getting a timeout.  Any help would be appreciated (greatly) !!

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Help on reinstall
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »

Try typing: http://dlinkrouter

DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Help on reinstall
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »

I have a desktop running XP and a laptop with Win7. Everything was fine with my Desktop connected to my router, cablemodem and Vonage modem for phone. Had a  shared internet connection and a network between DT and laptop. Had a problem with phone connection and in the process of  fixing it I foolishly factory reset the router.  I eventually removed the router from everything to have internet on my DT.  I have tryed to reinstall router using the CD and keep getting a msg. that says I have a router installed and the only way I can proceed is to respond by saying I want to install a new router.  Unsuccessful.  When I try to get t0 192.168.0.1 to do a setup that way I keep getting a timeout.  Any help would be appreciated (greatly) !!

Hi neophyte,

The problem is that you are failing to remove Power from the Cable Modem, in order to recognize the Router.

To fix the problem, is to remove all wires from both the Cable Modem and the Router. Remove the Power Connector from the Outlet and not the Cable Modem to avoid switching the connectors between the Modem and Router and maybe blowing the Router. In other words, start from scratch. It will work.

Then when everything is working again, save the configuration file from the Router to your Briefcase Folder on the desktop computer.
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10