• March 29, 2024, 01:36:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Printing problem with DIR655  (Read 12571 times)

chauge

• Level 1 Member
Printing problem with DIR655
« on: February 23, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »

Hi,
I spent few hours with the guys of d-link to solve this problem and his final answer was: "I have no answer, sorry..."

Material: Dir-655 with shareport 3.0
2 ACER computers one with vista the other with Windows 7 x64
Printer: Brother DCP 7020

Installation on both computers of the network and sharport was problemless.
The printing on the "vista" computer via USB shareport system was ok.
But on the newest one, the "W7x64": the first attempt never give a print and the others give at most 1/4 of the first page (with a lot of blank pages or not)...Even if i close firewall and antivirus.
The direct connection of the computer with the printer (USB) work just fine.

On my first call, we reinstall everything and verify parameters and nothing change... So a "third level" technician call me back after few days.
We try to find an other driver for my printer because he said that it was a known issue with brother printer, and they found that there is a lake of "generic driver" with this printer. After hours of tests, nothing work and I still have the same problem.

I read a lot of stories on this forum and it seems to be a larger problem... Lexmark owner have the same problem, other x64 windows have the same problem too.

So if somebody somewhere have the answer I think that we are a LOT being interrested in.

If there is no one, I think that we bought a wireless device that need a wire... Congratulation... I don't no but if feel like a dumb...

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:41:44 AM by chauge »

Duramax1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Printing problem with DIR655
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:42 PM »

I have exactly the same problem.

I cannot believe that D-Link is not responding to our problem.

Senior management ought to be held accountable for not addressing product problems.

DoughBoy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:21:21 AM »

This does not sound like a problem with the router. If it is working with one PC and not the other, and the only difference is the 64bit OS, it may be a printer driver issue. I was having the same issues with my Windows7 64bit machine and my new Lexmark Interpret S405. This is wireless network ready printer but the 64bit driver was not included on the disk.
It really took just a software driver download before everything began to work. Now my 32bit Windows XP Pro and Windows7 64bit systems can print to the same wireless connected printer.

You may want to check to see if there is a new driver for your Brother DCP 7020 that support 64bit OS. Brother started releasing 32/64bit drivers back in the days for Windows Vista. For Windows7 their build-in drivers are sometimes just enough for normal operation, but their full download driver is always suggested since include the most functionality. See link below:  http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=dcp7020_us

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:01:36 AM by DoughBoy »

SPEX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »

I have the same problem with an HP Photosmart. 

Fact 1: The driver was good enough a week ago for a DI604UP

Windows 7 : French version with SP1
DIR 655 :  Bought yesterday (March 5, 2011)

I don't know what to do.  Just want to let know that there is an issue there.

SPEX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »

I have made many tests with the Shareport Utility to connect with a printer and applied everything  D-Link support told me to do. 

My conclusion is that this router isn't working with Win 7 64 bits and it has nothing to do with the printer drivers except that they don't understand it (fact: the printer is compatible if using a DI-604UP)

So, sometimes it works and sometime it is not working depending on your printer. For me, it doesn't work with an HP Photosmart 8200 series.

Tomorrow, the router is going back to the store. I'm just sorry for the time I lost.

alexcamp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »

I would like to add information to this tread.

I own two PC's with Windows XP SP3 and a iMac 24" with OS x 10.6 installed.
I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II installed and connected to the shareport of my DIR-655 router (latest firmware installed)

When the Canon Pro9000 mkII is connected to either computer (mac, Pc etc) via USB everything works flawlessly.

When It is connected through the shareport, it will only print 1/4 to 1/2 pages, then print the rest on the next page. Sometimes it will even waste 10 pages for a single 1-page document.

I have downloaded the latest D-Link shareport utility v3.0. No effect.
I also downloaded the utility from Silex America http://silexamerica.com/support/software/svl.html which is already at 3.6 btw, and again, no effect.

I would like to add that sometimes after rebooting the DIR-655 router, I will get a few printouts without problems. But after a few minutes/half hour, it will start to print half pages.

Some things to consider:
- It is NOT a Operating system issue, as I get the same effect from OSX and Win XP SP3. Considering other people experience this with Win7 & vista, it only confirms it.
- it is NOT a network connectivity issue, as my iMAC is connected through WiFi and my Pc's are connected through ethernet cables.
- It is NOT a printer issue, as we can already see on this thread it affects printers from different brands.

My guess is that it IS a hardware/firmware issue with the router. Rebooting it will solve the problem temporarily. However for the life of me I cannot foresee myself rebooting the damn thing everytime i need to print!!

PLEASE D-LINK, can you issue a firmware upgrade that settles this issue for good? Just do a google search with "shareport prints half pages" and you will see we're not alone...

Thanks all, if anyone has a working solution PLEASE POST!!!

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:46 AM »

Same problem here, windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Dir 655, Brother HL-1230. printer works fine when connected directly to my PC. Though Shareport it prints the first page then just spits out pages with one line of gibberish on them. If D-Link actually cared even a little bit about this forum or the people posting on it, it wouldn't still be shown as Beta. I've reported spam several times and its months before its ever dealt with, if at all. D-Link doesn't give a sh1t so why should the mods even bother.

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »

works OK on my Brother HL-1450. Have you checked everything on this page?:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13283.0

That link helped me when I was troubleshooting.

Especially making sure you can print fine when directly connected and that you have a decent network connection to the SharePort enabled device?

alexcamp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

Glad to see I'm not alone.

Keep posting, maybe in a few years someone from D-Link will actually care and work on a fix.

chauge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

I use a as professional computer an HP 6730b (a new one) it's running with XP pro and you no what: no problem to print...
A new proof that the problem is between DIR 655 and win7 64 (if anyone still doubt it...)
I post on the topic of sesca for feedback on Shareport 3.

AND WE STILL HAVE NO ANSWER.... >:( >:( >:(
Christophe

alnobrain

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »

Same as me~!!, they seem stop to upgrade the software, im using win7 32, printer brother dcp7030, the matters are sometimes it totally not working after press the print button, and also after done the printing job, it just keep coming out blank pages, never stops!!!! one more thing , the usb port useless, tried a hard driver, speed only up to 4.8m/s, slower than normal wireless transfer!!!!!!