• April 26, 2024, 01:20:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is there a max number of DCS cameras on a single wifi network? I'm on 4.  (Read 5544 times)

JaCe

• Level 2 Member

I seem to be struggling to connect more than 4 cameras to my (ISP-supplied) modem/router by Netgear CGD24N via WPS. I'm on my 5th camera now (already have 3x 930L and 1x 942L) but the newest 942L just won't connect to the network at the moment and there's definitely no faults here as I swapped cameras today at the local retailer (and got an A3 942L!).

Any ideas? I've even tried connecting the camera to my wireless extender (Netgear WN3000RP) but no luck there.

So far it has only worked twice for short periods of time (enough for me to configure the cameras) but since then I can't actually get it working. Any ideas? I've got a couple of spare wireless routers lying around too and should be receiving a DIR-600 soon (from the Netgear promotion in Australia) which could be useful?
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is there a max number of DCS cameras on a single wifi network? I'm on 4.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »

Update I managed to get all five of my cameras to work by updating the firmware of my Netgear WN3000RP wireless range extender. This update in conjunction with moving the extender to a better location resulted in all five of my cameras, particularly those further away, from being able to connect easily using WPS (it never worked previously and I assumed the D-Link cameras automatically avoided range extenders!) and now even some of my existing ones are now pointed to the extender. It works so much better with better connection, etc. Yay!
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!