• March 28, 2024, 04:36:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sound out of sync  (Read 5757 times)

tybucks

• Level 1 Member
Sound out of sync
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:05:47 PM »

Any time I use the jump or fast forward feature, my sound goes out of sync. Sometimes, up to 2 seconds on a 22-25 min program (.avi format if it matters). Any ideas on how to keep this from happening? Also, even when I don't fast forward or jump, by the end of the episode, audio is usually still slightly out of sync.

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
Re: Sound out of sync
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »

sounds like an encoding problem.

tybucks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »

any ideas for a fix?

alexkoch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »

Try to recode your movies from DivX (it looks like you have DivX-encoded AVIs) to ISO MPEG4. DSM-520 works with MPEG4-encoded AVIs. You can use XVid4PSP software (it is free). Thanks

robdude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »

Try to recode your movies from DivX (it looks like you have DivX-encoded AVIs) to ISO MPEG4. DSM-520 works with MPEG4-encoded AVIs. You can use XVid4PSP software (it is free). Thanks

Do you know, off-hand, how the file-sizes compare between DivX encoded AVIs to ISO MPEG4?

I spent longer than I want to admit ripping my DVDs onto my PC into DivX format and I'm already hurting for hard-drive space :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 01:04:54 PM »

any ideas for a fix?

You need to re-encode the video from your original source.  The AVI container stores the video and audio as two separate tracks.  Time stamps keep the audio and video in sync during fast forwards.  Depending on how the video was encoded, this mapping could have been corrupted.

I recommend using Mediacoder (mediacoder.com) a free app that will pretty much convert between any format of non-DRM video.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC