The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > D-Link Multimedia and USB

DSM-G600 and Windows 7 and Windows 10

(1/2) > >>

adwsystems:
I hope I'm in the right place and I hope someone has the answer.

I have a DSM-G600. Actually my parents have had it for about 10 years, using to store backup files (images). With the free windows 10 upgrade, we tried to move up. One computer went to Win10, the other to Win7 (not all drivers available in Win10). But now I can't access the directories on the DSM-G600. Anyone and I hope someone knows what the correct security and account settings are for Windows 7 and 10 to access the DSM-G600. I even changed the account and deleted the file mapping from Win XP and was able to reconnect/recreate the shares in minutes. I am hoping and begging for help one this one.

TIA. Anthony.

FurryNutz:
So does XP and 7 work or is it just 7 and 10 that don't work?

This unit is pretty old and may not be compatible with newer generation networking features in Windows 7 and 10.

adwsystems:
Oh thank you for the reply! I hope you have some ideas.

I can get the DSM to work on Windows XP in a heartbeat. In Windows 7 and 10, I can see the drive, I can see the folders, but when I try to map the folder, it asks for the Network Password. On Windows XP it is SAN_Name\Username. But from Windows 7 and Windows 10, the DSM is not accepting it.

FurryNutz:
does using just the user name and PW work?

adwsystems:
Without a computer name? No. It doesn't work using SAN_Name\username, localname\username or \username.

I have tried searching the net for Win XP/Win 7 file sharing but haven't found anything that alludes to what the settings are in Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version