The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-885L

DIR-885L FORUM USER REQUESTS and BUGS

<< < (3/3)

GreenBay42:
Issue has been sent to engineers. Disable Smart Connect and the guest network will be properly turned off.

FurryNutz:
Hopefully he'll see this or call in. Was a short lived user.  ::)

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on October 25, 2017, 06:48:12 AM ---Issue has been sent to engineers. Disable Smart Connect and the guest network will be properly turned off.

--- End quote ---

jethrogc:
Are there any plans for a firmware update to support 160 Mhz channel width? I would really like that feature for this sweet router.

FurryNutz:
Thanks for posting. I'll pass this on for review.

Possible that the HW doesn't support 160Mhz however. Something D-Link will have to look into.

--- Quote from: jethrogc on January 12, 2018, 05:28:52 PM ---Are there any plans for a firmware update to support 160 Mhz channel width? I would really like that feature for this sweet router.

--- End quote ---

jethrogc:
Thanks for your quick response. The BCM4366 radio does indeed support 160Mhz and the BCM4709C0 processor of the DIR-885l is the processor of choice for that, so that's why I asked. Right now Intel has released its Wireless AC-9260 mini-wifi (laptop) card that supports 2x2 160Mhz for a link speed of 1750 Mbps. From what I can tell, there are no 4x4 80Mhz cards currently available for laptops, so this has me concerned that I may never see the full connection speed of this router.

I'm not sure for how long Dlink supports new features for a given platform. Do you think it's a bit wishful to hope for 160Mhz support for this router?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version