• April 19, 2024, 11:04:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1522 Bridge rebooting.  (Read 4014 times)

selvag

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1522 Bridge rebooting.
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

I have a bit of a strange problem and was wondering if anyone can give any insight into this because I'm at a loss.  I have my 1522 in my living room connected to my PS3 and XBox 360.  I am using bridge mode to connect to my N network streaming from my Netgear WNDR3700.  The connection is fantastic, I can stream 1080P content via XBox live with no issues.  The problem comes when I try to use Media Center on my Windows 7 PC through my XBox.

When I first setup this network, I had no issues with Media Center...everything worked fine, but now, every time I try to watch any recorded SD content off of my Media Center, I'll get about 2 minutes in and it freezes and loses connection to the PC.  I noticed that on the Bridge the normal operating mode is the Orange bridge light flashing slowly.  When I lose this connection, the bridge light is off for about 5 seconds right before both the bridge light and the AP light flash then it returns to normal operation.  I'm assuming this is a reboot.  All settings are maintained and it connects back to the network automatically.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Like I said, everything works beautifully except for media center.  I'm using the 1.21 firmware.  Thanks in advance.

selvag

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1522 Bridge rebooting.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »

Just to add...some things I've already tried:
-Changing N Channel
-Resetting Bridge to factory defaults and reconfiguring
-QOS on/off
-Different cables
-Network connection check (Signal is amazing.  Even the media center Network Tuner lists the connection at full green bars saying I can stream HD content)
-Disabled WPS
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:19:15 AM by selvag »

selvag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »

It's been a while since I originally posted this.  Bumping to see if anyone knew to the forums can help out.

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »

try setting wireless signal stregnth to 75% , maybe a powersupply problem ? Try a different power plug ?

envy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »

I have a very similar setup and the same scenario was happening too. In my situation when I am streaming HD then the DAP is rebooting. This is consistent with firmware 1.21, 1.20 and 1.10 also. Finally, I brought a netgear powerline XAVB101. I am using DAP for some other purpose.

Thanks