• April 24, 2024, 01:21:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How can I connect an ALCATEL x030 HDPSA USB Modem mobile phone to the DIR-655?  (Read 3656 times)

holsteinson

• Level 1 Member

Can I connect via the USB port of the DIR-655 my ALCATEL USB internet device?

In other words, is the DIR-655 USB port cellular ready?

holsteinson

• Level 1 Member

nobody can help configure the DIR-655 to use this cellular USB?

mack0

• Level 1 Member

I'm on the same situation... it seems that it is not working yet (I have not seen any posts confirming this). Hope it will work on a near beta release or the final version. I tried with 1.21 nosecure beta 8 (currently the latest).

In my case I tried an Ovation MC950D. My country is not listed in the drop-down menu of the configuration page and therefore, I left country and ISP fields empty. I saw that selecting countries/ISP pairs only changed the phone number field, but maybe other internal (hidden) parameters were also setup. However, I skipped this and tried introducing the settings of my ISP: no success. Since no logs of failing connections are registered by the router, I have no clues of what is happening...

Initially, after connecting it, my 3G USB modem had always a flashing red led. That means that the modem was not registering the connection to the mobile phone provider. Disabling the PIN of the internal modem card (there is no PIN field in the configuration page) solved this issue (the led changed from red to blue) but I was still unable to connect through the router...

I'm assuming that they are still working on this functionality. There is no information about it nor supported modems or ISP... So lets wait to see the light some day...