• March 28, 2024, 10:05:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 RevA Limited Connection and status light dosnt come on.  (Read 6215 times)

x DeO xX

DIR-615 RevA Limited Connection and status light dosnt come on.
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »

Hello all! im new to this thing, actually im only here because i have a question about my router. its nothing amazing or business class great. its just a simple dir-615 revA. Iv had it about 3 months and one day i came home to find that none of the status lights would come on besides the power and the computer connection. and when i have the modem hooked up the WAN light as well. I try to go to my router settings page but it says "Failed to Connect". plus i get the oh so amazing "limited connetion" warning on my local area connection icon. does anybody have any idea what happend or how i can fix this from home? the dlink warranty people say i must have proof of purchase in order to have it sent in. i dont have a receipt from years ago!! i thank you very much to whomever replies to this post.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:19:59 AM by x DeO xX »

x DeO xX

Re: DIR-615 RevA Status lights never come on
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:33:12 PM »

i managed to restore the default settings, but i still get the limited connection on my local area connection. i dont understand this. i cant connect to the router settings page. im going to address 192.168.0.1 but still nothing =/

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: DIR-615 RevA Limited Connection and status light dosnt come on.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »

Have you tried to force a factory reset, via the Reset switch?

It seems that your router might be burnt out, at least on the 4 LAN ports.

jessper

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:20:29 AM »

Is your modem connected to the Internet port of your router? and your computer to the LAN port either on port 1,2,3 or 4. Maybe you are getting a limited or no connectivity error because your computer is plugged in to the Internet port of the router. But if the connections are properly plugged in try to perform this step.

Step 1: Power cycle router
- Unplug the power cord for about 10 seconds, then after 10 seconds plug it back in. Then try to check the IP address. Hopefully you can get an IP address of 192.168.0.x. If this one will not work proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Soft reset the router.
– Get a paper clip or pin and then locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.
– With the router powered on, reset the router for 10 seconds.
- Check IP address again. (If still you cannot obtain a valid IP try the next step)

Step 3: Crash reset the router:
– Get a paper clip or pin and then locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.
– After the 10 seconds, remove the power cord and continue resetting the router for 30 seconds.
– After 30 seconds, plug back the power cord and continue resetting the router for 10 seconds more.
– After 10 seconds, let go.
- Check IP address again.

mikelott

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 04:12:48 AM »

I did a crash reset, logged in 192.168.0.1, uploaded firmware 1.00, restarted router and then upgraded firmware.

Step 3: Crash reset the router:
– After the 10 seconds, remove the power cord and continue resetting the router for 30 seconds.
– After 30 seconds, plug back the power cord and continue resetting the router for 10 seconds more.
– After 10 seconds, let go.
- Check IP address again.

I also bought another router as a backup.