• April 19, 2024, 06:40:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to View Video on Android Device  (Read 2760 times)

Freway01

• Level 1 Member
Unable to View Video on Android Device
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

Setup my DCS-930L for DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Server) so I can access the DCS-930L via the Internet (couldn't access the camera half the the time while on vacation using mydlink) and can now access the camera using my laptop, Android Thrive, and Motorola Droid 3 via the URL I've created but can only see the video when using the laptop.

I have the DCS-930L set to Java but when I log into the camera with the Thrive or Droid 3 (both Android devices) I don't get video. I can make changes to the camera settings and everything else you can do when logged into the camera but just can't see the video. If I change the 'View Mode' in the video setup to 'Image', I will get a picture on all three devices (Thrive, Droid 3, and laptop).

What do I need on the Droid 3 & Thrive so I can see the video when I log into the DCS-930L with an Android device?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:21:59 PM by Freway01 »

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
Re: Unable to View Video on Android Device
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, but this is not with the Android Device, but looking at the video over the internet.

I spent many hours trouble shooting and Dlink 3rd level support gave up on it and asked me to get a new harware, concluding it is a faulty device.

I got a replacement device, but the problem still exists.

****************** THis is a bug in their software *****************

regards