• March 28, 2024, 05:00:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Monitoring setup for 930L  (Read 5262 times)

Egress123

• Level 1 Member
Motion Monitoring setup for 930L
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »

It seems that motion monitoring setup for 930L is not working correctly.
I've setup the camera to ONLY monitor the half of the screen, but it is still monitoring the other half of the screen as well.

I've setup the camera to FTP the messages when motion is detected, and it is uploading the images when the other half contains the motion.

does anyone have the same problem at all?

TD99

• Level 2 Member
Re: Motion Monitoring setup for 930L
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »

In reality "motion detection" just measures changes in light. So if a shadow from a tree outdoors blowing in the wind causes the rooms ambient light to change, it will think it's "motion".

You never stated what kind of room/area you are monitoring, the possible fluctuations in the amount of light, nor the set sensitivity level.

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »

My cameras detect motion when the lights go off at night. Since I cycle the lights to go on then off several times each night, I get 3 emails each time, each with a picture, or 6 emails each night.
It's anoying but better than nothing....unless there is a fix?

Egress123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

All my cameras are sitting inside looking out the window.

Egress123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »

when setting up the motion detection, which blocks am I setting up as motion detection?  is that the box with nothing in it? or the box with check board screen on it?

which box will my camera monitor for the activities?

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »

A new setup will have boxes that are clear. By clicking in the box, you will get a grid pattern that will detect motion. If you already have grid patterns, you can click on the pattern to clear. Just put pattern where you will get obvious motion, and try low setting on the percent, otherwise you will get too many hits from changes in light, etc.
Have fun.

Egress123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »

A new setup will have boxes that are clear. By clicking in the box, you will get a grid pattern that will detect motion. If you already have grid patterns, you can click on the pattern to clear. Just put pattern where you will get obvious motion, and try low setting on the percent, otherwise you will get too many hits from changes in light, etc.
Have fun.

Thanks a lot!  this is very helpful!