• March 28, 2024, 01:49:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2640U NO SUPPORT FROM D-LINK (HELP PLEASE!)  (Read 5649 times)

Starstreak

• Level 1 Member
DSL-2640U NO SUPPORT FROM D-LINK (HELP PLEASE!)
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »

Apparently the DSL-2640U ADSL router has a lifetime swap-out warranty.

I was given it as a gift, but D-LINK keeps asking me where I got it or they won't support it.

I am in South Africa and I don't know which shop it came from. I've contacted support here and they insist on me telling them where it was bought because they don't know for sure. They suspect it came from the Middle East, so I contacted support there and even opened a support ticket. They then forwarded me back to the South African support. My brother was travelling to the region and was willing to drop it off there if necessary. They take forever to answer the simplest queries, and never answer in full. I'm getting nowhere fast!

Now, neither support department is responding at all after months!!

If anyone knows of a Service Manual for the DSL-2640U, I would try and fix it myself.

The symptoms are: Power supply works correctly, and the router lights sometimes come on for a short time (when device is moved) but mostly nothing comes on. Sounds like a 'dry joint'.