• April 19, 2024, 11:39:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Night Vision no longer working  (Read 6647 times)

malicegreene

• Level 1 Member
Night Vision no longer working
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »

I've owned a 932l for quite some time now .. The night vision on the camera has stopped working .. the image from the camera is pitch black ... i have all four red ir lights on the front of the camera on .... i haven't seen a green light on the camera since who knows when ... yes the camera and night vision have been working without the green light ..

I've deleted the device .. reinstalled .. updated firmware .. reset the camera ... on multiple occasions ... alas no avail ... when i called support they just had me reset everything ... still not working ... i made no changes to the camera.. nor did i move it ... it stays in the same spot all the time .... the camera works ... just not the night vision ..... any assistance would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks ...

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Night Vision no longer working
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »

I've owned a 932l for quite some time now .. The night vision on the camera has stopped working .. the image from the camera is pitch black ... i have all four red ir lights on the front of the camera on .... i haven't seen a green light on the camera since who knows when ... yes the camera and night vision have been working without the green light ..

I've deleted the device .. reinstalled .. updated firmware .. reset the camera ... on multiple occasions ... alas no avail ... when i called support they just had me reset everything ... still not working ... i made no changes to the camera.. nor did i move it ... it stays in the same spot all the time .... the camera works ... just not the night vision ..... any assistance would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks ...

Sounds like you are a few years past warranty...  ::)

So it sounds like you can't switch over to night vision - the the IR cutoff filter is broke in your camera ....

I would suspect you no longer hear (audible) the "CLICK" for night vision...

(sorry, I only am 2132L/5222L/2230).. and I hear an audible click for night vision IR kicking in...

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »

Someone in the DCS-942L forum described fixing theirs:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=54194.msg207540#msg207540

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:54 AM »

This is an old post. . . do you hear the clicking sound when the camera transitions (or is supposed to transition) from day to night or visa versa? You can easily test this by turning on/off a light in the same room as the camera at night.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC