• April 25, 2024, 11:07:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2 Separate questions about DFL-860 configuration  (Read 3157 times)

sly83

• Level 1 Member
2 Separate questions about DFL-860 configuration
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »

Hello there, I'm new at this forum, sorry if this is not the best place for asking. I have 2 "problems" and i hope you guys can help me or put me on the right direction.

I have configured DFL-860 WAN for load sharing and failover for two ISPs using policy based routing, it's working fine, but i have a little issue. I'm using the Round Robin algorithm, when the firewall alternate between WAN1 and WAN2 or viceversa, for like 25 or 30 seconds the connection fall to "timed out" status, is there a way to reduce this? if there is a way, where can i set it up?

The other question is: My company needs to access to government and banks pages. In some pages they can access without problems, but after a few seconds, the browser boot them to the main page. I think this problem belongs to the firewall, because they were accessing fine before the installation of the firewall. I know there is a whitelist option on the interface, but it won't me put any specific direction. How can i configure or exclude this pages through the firewall?

Thanks a lot for your help.

silver_surfer30

• Level 3 Member
Re: 2 Separate questions about DFL-860 configuration
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »

Hi my thinking is that round robin is not suitable for secured connections like https, or ssh or other services liked.
better used destination algorith for your scenario.
unless you can create a alternate routing table and for secure connections use destination alogorithm for that routing table.

main routing table use round robin
alternate routing table use destination algorithm for secured connections.

you can customize the value on the monitor table of the wans connections.