• April 28, 2024, 10:58:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't revert or reset after 1.35NA  (Read 1989 times)

MGP

• Level 1 Member
  • Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow!
Can't revert or reset after 1.35NA
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »

So, after everyone was raving about the 1.35NA version, I downloaded it.  As I always do, I disabled my wireless NIC and connected an RJ-45.  I saved my config to a .gws file.  I uploaded the new firmware.  When I went to reload my settings file, it said it was not a valid file.  I tried multiple times.  I even tried earlier versions of saved config files.  Same thing. 

So, I figured I'd revert to the 1.34NA firmware it was previously on.  It wouldn't take it.  So, I used the router config "system" page and chose "restore factory defaults".  It didn't work.  It still had the 1.35NA.  So, I used the router's reset button.  I held it in for 10 seconds, saw the system lights all blink in unison.  I checked the config page and it was still on 1.35NA. 

So, although the router isn't technically "bricked", it's somewhat frozen in that I can't load any other firmware and can't even reset to factory default. 

Anyway, I just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone else had the same problem. 

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: Can't revert or reset after 1.35NA
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »

Factory defaults does not set the router back to how it was out of the box, it just clears out any configuration settings to their default.  Keep the 1.35  on there and configure it manually and you will be fine.

The 1.35 is considered more of a Major Update with the removal of SecureSpot.  The really should have numbered it 1.40.  Because the old saved configs had securespot information on them they migh be what is causing not being able to use the saved config to restore from.

MGP

• Level 1 Member
  • Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow!
Re: Can't revert or reset after 1.35NA
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »

Ah, good to know.  Thanks for the info, dave.