• March 28, 2024, 07:49:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless speed 3MB  (Read 3691 times)

Jochen

• Level 1 Member
Wireless speed 3MB
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:16:02 AM »

I'm getting wireless lan speeds of about 3-4MB which seems very very little to me, since i am connected at +200Mbps with my pc (dwa 140 dongle) and +100Mbps with laptop, in my opinion it should be around 8-9MB at least.

I have been searching the internet for 3 days now and tried a lot of different settings.
At a certain point I restored it to factory settings and got 6-7MB but that quickly dropped again...

Could somebody talk me trough it? tell me what to test ( already tried the basics like changing antenna position, moving router around...) and more importantly what to change?

If needed i'll install additional programs for testing or providing figures because i know that windows and dlink config tools are not so accurate.

Recorded speeds are from NAS to clients.

I also tried wiring the laptop to the switch and got 9-10MB, wiring it directly to the nas got me to 35MB so no problems there. There has to be something wrong with my wireless configuration.

I have the following setup:

DIR-655, A4 latest firmware: 1.31EU->Cabled to a Dlink switch (DES 1005D) -> synology nas ds210+

My office is about 5Meters from the router, 1 wall in between.

I have 2 wireless clients, 1 pc (in the office), 1 laptop.
Pc connects with a dlink dwa140 dongle, laptop with build in wifi (intel 4965AGN)

Both get around 3-4MB.

According to the webGUI of the router, the dongle connection speed goes up and down from 110 to 270 with various signal strengths, laptop is pretty stable at 115-130(Max).

Router is configured for n&g network only,
security  WPA 2 AES, group key interval 3600
channel Nr  to 13 (works best),
Channel Width: set to 20/40Auto
Transmission rate: auto

Thanks a lot!

Jochen

Jochen

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless speed 3MB
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:08:38 AM »

I was also wondering what lan transfering speeds you guys are getting so i can compare.

Jochen

• Level 1 Member
Update
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:13:42 AM »

I read on a forum somewhere to install Ralink drivers for my dwa140, my upload speeds seem to have improved to about 9MB but download is still fluctuating from 2-5MB.

Could somebody please post there wan speeds so i can compare?