• April 24, 2024, 11:20:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWL-3200AP as bridge  (Read 4870 times)

kmtenor

• Level 1 Member
DWL-3200AP as bridge
« on: July 07, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »

Is it possible to use the DWL-3200AP (not Rev B, Firmware 2.2) as a bridge between a non-DLink wireless network (it is a Trapeze) and a wired network using WDS mode?  I have tried all afternoon, and have had no luck.

The strangest part is that, the first time I tried setting it up, the "Scan" button on the WDS config page actually did show all of the networks that were available - but there were no radio buttons with which to select them.  I have put the appropriate MAC address and ssid in to the confi manually, with no results. 

Since that initial success with the "Scan" button, I have had no further luck getting a scan to produce any results.  Yes, there is signal present - I am using a laptop that is accessing the wireless network I wish to bridge without any issues.

I have tried all three browsers.

I need a new bridge because the Linksys WET54G we were using as a bridge has died.  I have the DWL-3200 in stock, and was hoping I could just use that rather than tracking down a replacement for the Linksys (which is also looking quite doubtful, as I need an external antenna mount, and nothing on the market today offers one)

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin