• May 10, 2024, 01:32:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: fw 1.06 and ftp server issue ???  (Read 6115 times)

powermick

• Level 1 Member
fw 1.06 and ftp server issue ???
« on: October 26, 2008, 01:27:08 AM »

The bases of a nas is to share files with the other computer.
The DNS-323 makes it very well in a local area network with its server samba which supports Unicode. But to have access from the outside it is the ftp server who has to take care of this need.

The problem is that even with the fw 1.06 which has to take care of Unicode in the ftp server , the file with names in Hebrew is not taken care.

::)Then seen that the national language in Israel is the Hebrew and that this product was sold in Israel, I cannot use the basic functions of the product.

:-[To has when it will be necessary to wait, to have a solution ???

Ps: I took the fw 1.06 on the Chinese site of d-link can is it not has in the daytime??
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:37:29 AM by powermick »

rneo

• Level 1 Member
Re: fw 1.06 and ftp server issue ???
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:17:25 AM »

this firmware from china website is severely bugged.

i do not think that it is a final release and i feel that they should not release it in the first place.

found some errors with the firmware which resulted in page not found error while messing with the download segment

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »

OK - I'll bite.

You downloaded firmware of unknown origin, supposedly from DLink China, and then you want to complain on DLink USA's forum that it's buggy and should not have been released?

Has it occured to you that perhaps that is the reason why it has not been released on DLink USA's website?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

powermick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »

You have every two reasons, rneo and fordem, but I do that I do?
The latest firmware publishes in the world is 1.05 and it does not support Hebrew (in a server ftp) when I purchased this product in Israel.
So I try to I get a firmware that works.

If it were possible to reach a 1.06 fw that supports this Hebrew would be very great.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:16:37 AM »

Powermick

I'm suspecting that English is not your native language and as a result you missed the point of my post.

Simply - when D-Link USA (who host this form) feels that a particular firmware version is ready for release, they will release it, through their support page - if you get a firmware version from any other site, and it does not what you think it should, then D-Link USA has no obligation to you, you need to take the matter up with whoever you got the firmware from.

I would also caution you against the use of firmware from unknown sources - would you know what changes had been made and what the implications were for security of your data?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

powermick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »

ok I understood everything now, but is there anyone knows when the 1.06 release?

I need it, I have a product that does not work properly!

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »

Hi powermick,

From your posts, I gather the DNS was purchased in Israel.  You will most likely need to check the D-Link support site for Isreal for a firmware release as the North American firmware will likely not be supported on your version of the DNS.

I would also suggest that you apply to become a BETA tester as your feedback would most certainly be beneficial to D-Link localization efforts.

Cheers,

amellores2

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:38:14 PM »

Hi to all,

I agree with hilaireg's point just like any other D-link devices that I've tried to use it does not mean that if it is the same model number, hardware version and firmware version they are identical.

But definitely it should have it's own legitimate source for it's firmware.

powermick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 01:11:22 AM »

how to become a beta tester?