• April 19, 2024, 08:58:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Access refused to my DNS-320 with username "admin" and password "blank"  (Read 8188 times)

fendleroc

• Level 1 Member

Hello

During the setup wizard, I follow the procedure and do nothing
Default IP: Determined by DHCP
Defaut username: admin
Default password: blank

When I want to access the NAS through the IP address, I just leave evrything blank and get: You entered an incorrect login name or password.Please try again.

What can I do

Window 7
Wi-Fi router DIR-635

If I reset the DNS-320, what should I do to recover my system, do I have to start the autorun.exe program which I try to do without resetting, but when I get to the "login name or password", I've got the same error which seems consistant but I swear, I didn't put any password  :-[  >:(

Thank you for your help
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:31:02 AM by fendleroc »

ivan

• Level 8 Member

How are you accessing the IP address?  If it is set by DHCP how do you find it?

You could use a program like Netscan that will find all the IP addresses on your network then you just open your browser and type in http://192.168.xxx.xxx and hit enter (replace the xxx.xxx with the correct numbers fron the netscan).

Since you have the default settings you only need to enter admin in the username field then click on configuration or applications.

I would suggest you give the NAS a fixed IP outside the DHCP range of your router.

fendleroc

• Level 1 Member

Sorry for the no-problem, finally, I did something wrong but I don't know where, I tried différents passwords and one of them worked  ???

Everythings looks like working even my Sony CMT-MX700Ni

I swear, I will never swear again about software problem  ;D

Thank you very much
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:06:52 AM by fendleroc »