• April 19, 2024, 08:23:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: local network and vpn  (Read 5978 times)

jimderby

• Level 1 Member
local network and vpn
« on: September 13, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

i have 2 computers connected to my wired ebr2310 and they can see each other and share files(they are set up as a part of a workgroup not a domain).  When 1 machine connects via vpn to my office the 2 local computers can not see each other any more ie no file sharing.  what do i need to do to allow a computer to have a vpn connection and still see the other computer on the local workgroup

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: local network and vpn
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »

This depends on your VPN software and how it handles things.

Some VPN's take complete control of the client PC while others let the two operate side by side - but some people think that is a security risk and disable it.

I'd suggest you talk with your server side/networking support people as they'll know how your VPN client config needs to be set up.

drscott

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14:52 AM »

What kind of VPN are you using? I believe your network should work even the VPN on one computer is running. But this may vary depending on the VPN your are using.

In case you have any question you may check this knowledge base site fore more details.

http://www.supportrix.com/knowledgebase/

Thanks..

Dr. Scott.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:18:12 AM by Kakashi::. »

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:37:18 AM »

Dr Scott,

I am not entirely convinced its helpful of you to re-phrase my answer of several months ago and then spam the board (you have posted the same link in several messages over the last 12 hours) with links to a paid for support service that will not provide any different information that already given... except to take $10 from innocent users wallets. Just so you know, there are some boards where that kind of behavior would get you banned...

minigamer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »

bump