• April 18, 2024, 04:58:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 489577 times)

ppplo

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware Wishlist Contributions
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »

Bluetooth stick support (via USB /USB Hub), to transfer files (music, picture,...) directly from mobile devices

Hanzo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »

Hi, sorry my english is not very good  :-\

The first problem I have encountered in the P2P application is that when I stop for a completed file on the P2P file list, can't play again to seed.

The icon Play/stop disappears and instead appears a "--" character

Can you understand me?

The .torrent files dropped in P2P/torrent folders disappears when the download begins

The other problem is that when  I'm downloading files (not completed) if i disable the P2P service and enable again the list of downloads aparently resets.

The status bar of the each download resets to 0%

The complete downloads in the list begin to download again.

thanks for all

DanD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

I took a look through the DNS-320 FW Wishlist forum and didn't see a request for iSCSI support, so I'll ask.

I have a project that will use a number of Raspberry Pi processors and don't want to run the systems off of the SD card (wear issues) and don't want to run off of a USB external hard drive (cost). I'd love to be able to have one of the HDs in the DNS-320 partitioned and boot reach R-Pi off of their own partition. I'd keep the other HD for iTunes, TimeMachine, and other CIFS access.

Raspberry Pi information can be found at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ and http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #273 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »

Hi, sorry my english is not very good  :-\

The first problem I have encountered in the P2P application is that when I stop for a completed file on the P2P file list, can't play again to seed.

The icon Play/stop disappears and instead appears a "--" character

Can you understand me?

The .torrent files dropped in P2P/torrent folders disappears when the download begins

The other problem is that when  I'm downloading files (not completed) if i disable the P2P service and enable again the list of downloads aparently resets.

The status bar of the each download resets to 0%

The complete downloads in the list begin to download again.

thanks for all

Does the following address your concerns?

• P2P - Option to have completed torrent files remain in the P2P/torrent folder for playback
  • P2P - Ability to resume downloads when the P2P service is disabled/enabled (rather than restarting all pending downloads)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #274 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:14 AM »

Bluetooth stick support (via USB /USB Hub), to transfer files (music, picture,...) directly from mobile devices

The list already contains the following line item:

• General - Wireless LAN stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wirless NAS connectivity

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2012, 04:58:49 AM »

I took a look through the DNS-320 FW Wishlist forum and didn't see a request for iSCSI support, so I'll ask.

I have a project that will use a number of Raspberry Pi processors and don't want to run the systems off of the SD card (wear issues) and don't want to run off of a USB external hard drive (cost). I'd love to be able to have one of the HDs in the DNS-320 partitioned and boot reach R-Pi off of their own partition. I'd keep the other HD for iTunes, TimeMachine, and other CIFS access.

Raspberry Pi information can be found at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ and http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2012, 05:00:16 AM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320 D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

Due to the growing size of this list, all contributions added to this thread will be included on our master list located here: DNS-320 Master Firmware Wishlist

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - Include ability to revert to older firmware after upgrading to v2.02b01
  • General - Ability to create Ajaxplorer repositories
  • General - Ability to change the name of the root volumes (e.g. change "Volume_1" to "xyz")
  • General - Ability to email "Scan Disk" results
  • General - Ability to maintain audit log containing files opened, viewed, modified by user account and date
  • General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever
  • General - Auto-refresh option for external IP address when "Report external IP in passive mode" is selected
  • General - Add function to compress/uncompress a file or directory in the NAS (without the support of a PC)
  • General - Add Wake-on-LAN functionality
  • General - Add Wake-on-LAN functionality to boot other devices in the network
  • General - Basic shell access without requiring installation of an add-on (e.g. Fonz Fun_Plug)
  • General - Bonjour support for broadcast and discovery of AFP volume by name (rather than using afp://[IP_ADDRESS]/share)
  • General - Enable ability for users to independently change their own passwords
  • General - Enable alerts and log files for local and external backup events
  • General - EXT 4 Support
  • General - Improved and more user customizable fan control software
  • General - Improved iTunes support
  • General - Improved UPS support (i.e. increase number of supported models) and integration[/color]
  • General - Improved support for mobile devices (e.g. Android, iPad, iPhone, netbooks etc.), including device-specific friendly web interface
  • General - Inclusion of data recovery software
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - iSCSI Support
  • General - Mail server functionality
  • General - Option for print a report on folder share (read/write/no-access options for any folder)
  • General - Option to receive email with detailed SMART report, rather than simply "The Resolt Of the Test Is: Pass"
  • General - Print server support for advanced printer functionality (e.g. scanner)
  • General - Print server support for AirPrint
  • General - Remove 15 character length limitation for storing remote FTP server usernames
  • General - Schedule power on/off at user defined times
  • General - Schedule restart at user defined times
  • General - Scheduled Power-up
  • General - Support for HTTPS downloads
  • General - Support for special characters in user names (e.g. "John.Smith")
  • General - Support for storing live video from IP security camera(s)
  • General - TFTP Server support
  • General - Update Ajaxplorer to latest version
  • General - Wireless LAN stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wirless NAS connectivity
  • Apps - Ability to automatically install third party applications through the DNS-320 web interface(e.g. Twonkyserver), rather than having to manually install
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible)
  • Backup - Add option in Incremental Backup to remove files in the destination HDDs that are no longer in the Source HDDs
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. Dropbox, ZumoDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Backup - Remove case sensitive dependency for local file and folder names
  • Backup - When creating a new (remote) backup task and the source directory is too large to fit on the destination HDD, add a warning message (rather than aboring the task) and permit the creation of the new backup task
  • DLNA - Improve DLNA server support for streaming media (without relying on add-ons such as TWONKY)
  • FTP - Ability to upload files via http://FTP (i.e. similar to the download feature)
  • FTP - Add "Incremental Backup" functionality to the FTP download to the "FTP/HTTP Downloads Settings" page
  • P2P - Ability to adjust the auto-refresh time in the torrent application
  • FTP - Improved support for ALLO command (e.g. address "ALLO: 552 Disk full - please upload later" error when uploading large files)
  • P2P - Ability to automatically shutdown after download completes
  • P2P - Ability to select individual files for download in multi-file torrents
  • P2P - Ability to set the number of concurrent downloads (Currently fixed at 10 which is too heavy for some user networks
  • P2P - Ability to upload an IP Block List in the torrent client (e.g. Peerblock for Windows)
  • P2P - Add Estimated Download Time
  • P2P - Add seeding option (e.g. "Seed until Upload/download ratio reaches x%")
  • P2P - Automatic download of torrent from RSS feed
  • P2P - Download and upload speeds should display in "KBps" (rather than Kbps)
  • P2P - More details in torrent list (e.g. tracker name, seeds/leech, etc.)
  • P2P - Option to enable/disable DHT
  • P2P - Options port for DHT
  • P2P - Security - Add option to lock/unlock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network
  • P2P - Security - Hide P2P feature when standard users login to web interface
  • P2P - Security - Folder is available for any user to access and delete
  • P2P - Set each page to display 50 items (rather than the drop down menu)
  • P2P - User defined download directory (other than parent Volume)
  • P2P - User defined time dependent bandwidth controls on an hourly basis
  • Security - Address outstanding security vulnerabilities
  • Security - Download / Backup via secure ftp
  • Security - Option to enable anonymous guest access using CIFS
  • Security - Send Mail via SSL (i.e. TLS/SSL SMTP support)
  • UPnP - Add Subtitle (*.srt) support for media files in "UPNP AV SERVER"
  • UPnP - Share the ID3 tag track number for audio files (currently on the ID3 tag track name is shared, causing tracks to list alphabetically rather than album order)
  • UPnP - Option to enable access to the P2P folder "complete" within UPnP (i.e. to avoid copying files to another location to obtain access)
  • UPnP - Support for the RMVB file format
  • USB - Ability to manage externally attached USB HDDs from the web interface for copying to/from the NAS
  • USB - Ability to set user access permissions for USB attached storage (ability for all users to access USB storage through SMB and FTP creates potential security risk)
  • USB - Direct connection of external USB HDD (and multiple USB HDDs via a hub)
  • USB - NTFS support
  • WebDAV - Provide WebDAV availability
  • Bug - Auto-refresh of UPnP server when new files are added to existing folders and sub-folders works intermittently for many users [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Fix RAID1 "upgrade" when adding a new drive (see topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38321.0). Issue may result from inspecting the HDD format from ffp
  • Bug - Inability to format a HDD if another formatted HDD is already in the DNS-320
  • Bug - Offline files no longer working following upgrade from prior firmware [Issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - PSP Stop button does not work [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Unable to resume large file uploads using FTP (Error 553, Users may not upload files) [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Windows 7 Sync Center unable to sync files [issue eported by multiple users]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever [FIXED!]
  • General - Functional 3TB HDD support [FIXED!]
  • General - Improve 2TB HDD support [FIXED!]
  • General - OSX Lion 10.8 Time Machine Support [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - When FTP and P2P are concurrently active, FTP directories are available through P2P [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - Lock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network [FIXED!]
  • UPnP - Enable file reporting in alphanumeric order [FIXED!]
  • WebDAV - Provide WebDAV availability [FIXED!]

ppplo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »

The list already contains the following line item:

Note : Bluetooth is NOT wireless LAN

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:26 AM »

Note : Bluetooth is NOT wireless LAN

Fixed...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:06 AM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320 D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

Due to the growing size of this list, all contributions added to this thread will be included on our master list located here: DNS-320 Master Firmware Wishlist

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - Include ability to revert to older firmware after upgrading to v2.02b01
  • General - Ability to change the name of the root volumes (e.g. change "Volume_1" to "xyz")
  • General - Ability to maintain audit log containing files opened, viewed, modified by user account and date
  • General - Auto-refresh option for external IP address when "Report external IP in passive mode" is selected
  • General - Add function to compress/uncompress a file or directory in the NAS (without the support of a PC)
  • General - Basic shell access without requiring installation of an add-on (e.g. Fonz Fun_Plug)
  • General - Bonjour support for broadcast and discovery of AFP volume by name (rather than using afp://[IP_ADDRESS]/share)
  • General - Enable ability for users to independently change their own passwords
  • General - Improved UPS support (i.e. increase number of supported models) and integration[/color]
  • General - Improved support for mobile devices (e.g. Android, iPad, iPhone, netbooks etc.), including device-specific friendly web interface
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - Option for print a report on folder share (read/write/no-access options for any folder)
  • General - Option to receive email with detailed SMART report, rather than simply "The Resolt Of the Test Is: Pass"
  • General - Print server support for advanced printer functionality (e.g. scanner)
  • General - Remove 15 character length limitation for storing remote FTP server usernames
  • General - Wireless LAN/Bluetooth stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wirless NAS connectivity
  • Apps - Ability to automatically install third party applications through the DNS-320 web interface(e.g. Twonkyserver), rather than having to manually install
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible)
  • Backup - Add option in Incremental Backup to remove files in the destination HDDs that are no longer in the Source HDDs
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. Dropbox, ZumoDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Backup - When creating a new (remote) backup task and the source directory is too large to fit on the destination HDD, add a warning message (rather than aboring the task) and permit the creation of the new backup task
  • DLNA - Improve DLNA server support for streaming media (without relying on add-ons such as TWONKY)
  • FTP - Ability to upload files via http://FTP (i.e. similar to the download feature)
  • FTP - Add "Incremental Backup" functionality to the FTP download to the "FTP/HTTP Downloads Settings" page
  • FTP - Improved support for ALLO command (e.g. address "ALLO: 552 Disk full - please upload later" error when uploading large files)
  • P2P - Ability to set the number of concurrent downloads (Currently fixed at 10 which is too heavy for some user networks
  • P2P - Ability to upload an IP Block List in the torrent client (e.g. Peerblock for Windows)
  • P2P - Security - Add option to lock/unlock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network
  • UPnP - Share the ID3 tag track number for audio files (currently on the ID3 tag track name is shared, causing tracks to list alphabetically rather than album order)
  • UPnP - Option to enable access to the P2P folder "complete" within UPnP (i.e. to avoid copying files to another location to obtain access)
  • USB - Ability to manage externally attached USB HDDs from the web interface for copying to/from the NAS
  • USB - Ability to set user access permissions for USB attached storage (ability for all users to access USB storage through SMB and FTP creates potential security risk)
  • USB - NTFS support
  • Bug - Auto-refresh of UPnP server when new files are added to existing folders and sub-folders works intermittently for many users [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Fix RAID1 "upgrade" when adding a new drive (see topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38321.0). Issue may result from inspecting the HDD format from ffp
  • Bug - Inability to format a HDD if another formatted HDD is already in the DNS-320
  • Bug - Offline files no longer working following upgrade from prior firmware [Issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Unable to resume large file uploads using FTP (Error 553, Users may not upload files) [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Windows 7 Sync Center unable to sync files [issue eported by multiple users]

• General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - When FTP and P2P are concurrently active, FTP directories are available through P2P [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - Lock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network [FIXED!]

drocelot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:20 PM »

Official Word on Offline Files Sync
Dear Tim,

Thank you for your email.

The Offline feature on DNS-320 has been removed to add stability to the device and performance. At this stage support for The Offline feature on DNS-320 is not available. We have flagged this with R&D to look into as a future upgrade however we cannot provide a timeframe or guarantee that it will become available. If it becomes available, we will post the updated software on our web site.

If you have any further enquires please reply to this email so we can assist you further.

*** Guys I dont know how relevant that any of your requests will be looked into... Instead of keeping a wish list I would be pressing hard that they actually, fix bugs and maintain with regular firmware updates. Stop dreaming they will never in our lifetime add features such as mail server android apps. They can't even support it in its current form.

alan_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »

As a new owner of a 320 may I add to the almighty list.

Items I can't see on the list but I would find useful:

• General - Ability to have multiple volumes (i.e. partitions) that can be mapped to drives in windows [1]
  • General - Force Power-down remotely - either client utility or web interface

[1] This way I can simply move a number of partitions from my PC to my NAS and continue working as before. Also, as HD get ever larger I still feel it makes sense from a security and performance aspect to have smaller partitions (e.g. a 1TB drive split into 4 x 250MB for music, video, backups, software library.

Items I can see on the existing list and I would find particularly useful:

• General - Scheduled Power-up [2]
  • Bugs- Those fixing security vulnerabilities

[2] This way I can have the power supply on a mains timers and then the NAS to power-up a few minutes after the power is restored. The reverse can already be done with the NAS timed power-down. Also, I was told by a fire officer there is an increasing number of fires caused by power blocks (transformers) and I've known friends have new power blocks explode and many instances of short lifespan.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »

As a new owner of a 320 may I add to the almighty list.

Items I can't see on the list but I would find useful:

• General - Ability to have multiple volumes (i.e. partitions) that can be mapped to drives in windows [1]
  • General - Force Power-down remotely - either client utility or web interface

[1] This way I can simply move a number of partitions from my PC to my NAS and continue working as before. Also, as HD get ever larger I still feel it makes sense from a security and performance aspect to have smaller partitions (e.g. a 1TB drive split into 4 x 250MB for music, video, backups, software library.

Items I can see on the existing list and I would find particularly useful:

• General - Scheduled Power-up [2]
  • Bugs- Those fixing security vulnerabilities

[2] This way I can have the power supply on a mains timers and then the NAS to power-up a few minutes after the power is restored. The reverse can already be done with the NAS timed power-down. Also, I was told by a fire officer there is an increasing number of fires caused by power blocks (transformers) and I've known friends have new power blocks explode and many instances of short lifespan.

Thanks for your input. Your suggestions are added to the list.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - Support for multiple volumes (i.e. partitions) mappable network drives in Windows
  • General - Support for remote forced power-down either via the web interface
  • General - Wireless LAN/Bluetooth stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wirless NAS connectivity
  • USB - NTFS support

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:29:25 PM by JavaLawyer »

Moley85

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2012, 04:41:07 AM »

Ability to set the 320 as the master browser on the network, like the synology drives can, with a simple check box in a network setting (change smb.conf with "local master = yes", and add "preferred master = yes", "domain master = yes")

Changing these manually doesn't work as i cant seem to find away to restart the samba service to use the new config file, and upon reboot the changes revert to default options
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:02:04 AM by Moley85 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35