• April 23, 2024, 10:15:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I properly set up the media server on the DNS-323 for my PS3?  (Read 12013 times)

jibbler

• Level 1 Member
Re: How do I properly set up the media server on the DNS-323 for my PS3?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »

I suspect it could be a WiFi coverage issue. Tried putting the wireless router right next to the PS3? And while you're at it try a wired connection to rule the wireless out.

I get the occasional DLNA error. Generally it's when WiFi around the house is playing up and my laptop also loses signal a bit.

But generally it works fine even though the DNS isn't (apparently) officially DLNA certified. I didn't do anything special - just enabled the media server in the DNS, searched for media servers on PS3 and it just started working.

The only issue I have is that the PS3 doesn't refresh the content on the DNS. I've read numerous threads with the same issue saying to for a refresh within the DNS, and also to do the refresh with the PS3 off but it doesn't do any good. Sometimes it will update but for no apparent reason.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »

The DNS-323 is not currently DLNA certified however uses many of the same standards and works well with the PS3. Usually the only time you get these DLNA errors in the playstation is when connected wireless due to a quick loss of communication or interference in the wireless environment is what I have found.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

tom-p

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

I've got this same problem with a new Sony LED TV KDL-EX700 and the new Sony BDP-S470/570 Blu-Ray player.  Based on your last comment D-Link are you planning for a new firmware that will make the DNS-323 DLNA compliant?  I'm planning on replacing my main TV with a new Sony and if the DNS-323 won't stream AV to any of my Sony devices it's time I look for a replacement.

Jobine

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »

I'm connected to my router by wifi. My router is a 802.11n. (Linksys WRT310)

I always get error DLNA 501

I try to replace the wifi by a wired connection....
Ushare, Mediatomb... same thing

whywouldyoudothat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 04:02:25 AM »

One method that was suggested to me was to install another media server on the NAS. One person seemed to have installed twonky on it. I don't think that program was free though. The only other option I know of that has worked for me, and is free, is tversity. Not sure how I would go about installing it though. The twonky guide seemed kind of complicated.
Pages: 1 [2]