• April 24, 2024, 12:47:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Share Network Calendar  (Read 3637 times)

ScratchDisc

Share Network Calendar
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

I'm using Lighting plugin with Thunderbird. I'd love to share my calendar through the network, but I think I need a service. I don't want to open up the web server, and I don't want to share from any of my computer that are attached. I'd like to see a service on the NAS that allows me to share locally, but not outside of the network. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Share Network Calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something - YOU determine what's available outside of YOUR network, that is controlled by the firewall connecting you to the outside world.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

ScratchDisc

Re: Share Network Calendar
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »

No, you didn't miss anything. That is what I understand as well. What I am having trouble with is sharing a calendar across my network without enabling the web server and adding the service there. This box is able to act as a media server, and I was hoping there was a utility that I could use to access a calender. Sorry for the confusion, as my rank indicates, I'm a noob, and I've never set up a shared calendar.