• March 28, 2024, 09:53:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Weird Wireless Inteference Problem with DIR-615  (Read 17304 times)

schooner

• Level 1 Member
Weird Wireless Inteference Problem with DIR-615
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »

I have a Rev C1 with the latest firmware. When I turn wireless on, my Linksys NSLU2 file server goes down after a short time. When I turn wireless off, the server will come back up after a time. This is very repeatable. I tried to separate the router from the server ( ~ 25 feet)  and use different modes (N, G, mixed) to no avail. I have two other wireless routers (G/B ) that work in the network without problem. I now also notice that my Dlink DCM-202 Cable Modem will go down frequently. Power cycling will fix it for a bit. My Dlink DNS-323 file server also went down requiring a power cycle. The only solution I found was to turn off the 615 wireless radio !! The reason I bought the router was just to use the N radio capabilities.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

schooner

• Level 1 Member
Re: Weird Wireless Inteference Problem with DIR-615
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

I bought another DIR-615 and the inteference is now gone... also gone are the Numerous Dropped TX packets that I experienced. By the way, Tech Support was not useful at all in helping me solve this problem.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:56:14 PM by schooner »

mariaD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »

how did u get rid of the interference? i mean now i fixed 2 of the 3 laptops not getting connection----mine(go fig!) is still not working!!

frimware updated-----DIR-516, H/WC1, 2 laptops running on XP, one running on Vista

whats causing the constant drop in speed?

schooner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 04:43:01 AM »

It appears that the router I had was defective. By swapping it out with a new 615, my interference problems went away. Haven't had a problem since replacing it.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »

It appears that the router I had was defective. By swapping it out with a new 615, my interference problems went away. Haven't had a problem since replacing it.

Were the two DIR-615 routers at the same hardware version level?

schooner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:53 AM »

Yes, they both are Hardware Version C1. Updating the Firmware made no difference in the interference issue.