• April 23, 2024, 06:08:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help...removing fonz fun plug...  (Read 9104 times)

Titanite

• Level 1 Member
Help...removing fonz fun plug...
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »

Hello,
I was able to install the fun plug, install twonky and get it up and running, however the UPNP feature wouldnt work with my PS3. So I read a ton on how to remove it before I did anything and then I followed these instructions...

rm /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug
chmod -R 777 /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d
rm -r /mnt/HD_a2/Nas_prog

Line 1 and 2 went fine, and line 3 gave an error. Now I cant do anything, I cant connect via Putty with Telnet or shell. Does anyone have any idea what I have screwed up? Or how to get the 323 back to normal with out the fun plug?

Thank you in advance!
T

Elpinnen

• Level 1 Member
Re: Help...removing fonz fun plug...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:54:58 AM »

Please read http://nas-tweaks.net/59/removing-the-fonz-fun_plug/

chriso

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:37 PM »

It doesn't look like the last reply addresses your situation so I will add to it.

The fun_plug file gets things going so with it gone and a reboot of the DNS-323 nothing special is going to be running (just the default DNS-323 processes), and that includes telnetd and sshd not running.  This means that until put in another fun_plug file that starts telnetd again you are not going to be able to use telnet.

Next addressing what probably went wrong on your third step.  You can't delete files if a program that is running is accessing them.  So you should have stopped whatever was running in /mnt/HD_a2/Nas_prog before you tried to delete it.  Of course rebooting stopped whatever was running, but left you without a way back on to the DNS-323 to delete that directory.  Of course if the permissions allow it you can remove the directory by deleting it from your computer.

Titanite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »

HI ChrisO,

So I was able to get rid of the twonky and directory for the fonz fun plug in (ffp), basically back to a clean root folder using a fonz fun plug removal utility I found on the wiki for ffp. However now I dont have any access to the NAS. Shows up on my network, but no access. Im going to try a factory reset tonight and see if that does anything. Anyone else have any ideas?
Thank you in advance!!

Titanite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »

Finally got this working last night! Factory reset!