• April 16, 2024, 04:01:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Copying Files  (Read 2618 times)

Clayton

• Level 3 Member
Copying Files
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »

Just wondering why when I copy My Music folder from PC over to the NAS unit it shows up as Music?
How would I get the My Music folder with icon the same way as it looks on the PC on the NAS?
This also happens to My Videos, My Pictures and My Documents

The_Comfy_Chair

• Level 1 Member
Re: Copying Files
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »

This depends on which version of Windows you are using.

If you are on WinXP for example: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder
To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
Click the Target tab.
In the Target box, do one of the following:
Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK. For example, D:\My Stuff.

If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

-or-
Click Move, click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice.

If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice.
In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.
Back to the top
Restore the My Documents Folder to Its Default Location
To restore the My Documents folder to its default location, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
Click Restore Default, and then click OK.
In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

Clayton

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

I'm talking about the folder showing up on the NAS I copy the whole My Music folder over from the PC to the NAS but on the NAS shows up as a plain folder Music

jno

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »

Just had a look mate and I couldn't get it sorry.  I am working off an iMac through means of a virtual Windows though.

When redirecting the My Music folders onto the DNS 343 it loses it's icon image.  The only alternative is to hide the actual My Music somewhere, where it is out of the way, and create a shortcut where you want the My Music to be displayed with the proper icon image on the DNS.  Link the shortcut to the My Music folder that you have hidden somewhere else on the DNS (it will prompt you to do so when creating the shortcut).  Once linked, right click the shortcut and click properties.  Then click change icon (you can only do this to shortcuts and not actual folders) and select the icon image you want... So it is just a matter of finding the music folder picture in that list.  Click apply and ok.
Not the real deal but looks authentic.

Don't know why it matters what the folder looks like but hey, I'll try help out with whatever weird needs :P