• April 18, 2024, 02:11:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1100-08P PoE  (Read 3303 times)

Windy

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1100-08P PoE
« on: February 27, 2020, 02:35:13 AM »

Hi All!

I appreciate the DGS-1100-08P switch is not advertised as being PoE passthrough capable (i.e., it can only provide power to devices, it cannot itself be powered by PoE). However, I saw this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/aquhnt/poe_powered_switches_with_passthrough/ and read on with great interest....

Whilst it is not absolutely essential that I have a PoE powered switch (I have access to my wiring and so could, if required, install an extra plug socket) it would be more convenient if I could power my switch using the PoE system. To that end, I bought a D-Link DGS-1100-08P based on the "2019 Update" edit in the above post, figuring that if I could power it via PoE, great, and if not, then no big deal.

Using a Tenda 30W PoE injector (which is 802.3at compatible), I have connected the Power+Data output to port 1 of the switch (which I haven't plugged into the mains) but I don't see any activity - it appears 'off' for all intents and purposes.

Are you able to give me any guidance as to how I might get it up and running as a PD PoE device (PoE passthrough)? The switch is Hardware Revision B1 and I haven't updated the firmware out of the box.

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received, thank you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 12:06:42 AM by Windy »