• April 26, 2024, 01:25:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Having a Problem Connecting  (Read 3788 times)

rickywsf

• Level 1 Member
Having a Problem Connecting
« on: September 05, 2009, 04:44:53 AM »

Hello Everyone,
     I have been working on this for quite some time and still cannot figure it out. What my problem is is that I cannot connect to the internet. I know that that sounds stupid but here it is. I used to live in San Francisco and I was able to get internet on my dwa-160 at wi-fi places such as the public library. I have since moved to Sacramento into a home and I cannot get onto the other persons wi-fi. She has given me her KEY and all of that but I cannot connect to her internet. I used to get the limited or no connection message but I manually configured the IP address. Now I do not get the message but I still cannot connect to the internet. The router is not d-link but a Link-sys 54gt something or other. I'm not sure if they are even compatible. I thought that I was making headway by not having the "Limited or no connectivity" error, but now I'm not so sure.
     What I'm kind of curious about is, well first off I cannot access the dchp on the router, and I tried her other two computers and they can't either. She's not computer savvy and probably would not let me reset her router. So what I was thinking was if there was any way of doing this without altering her original settings. I know I could probably go into her link-sys settings and reset them to allow my computer to access the internet but if there were a way to do it without resetting the passwords and what not that would be a better solution. Any ideas to help me would be appreciated.

Thanks Much.

Rick

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: Having a Problem Connecting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 06:42:30 AM »

Perhaps there is only a MAC (access) filter in the linksys and you need to enter the DWA's MAC.