• April 15, 2024, 11:34:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS Web UI step-by-steps - screenshots  (Read 5447 times)

joediego

• Level 1 Member
DGS Web UI step-by-steps - screenshots
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:21:53 AM »

I have DIR-655, DNS-343, in home lab and now the DGS-1224T.  I think I have figured out some of these things VID, PVID & setup my VLAN it looks like its working so far.

On the other hand I would like some more info just like this link below but based on this switch or other D-link products.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-howto/30071-vlan-how-to-segmenting-a-small-lan

I have a good understanding in desktop and server but obviously need more then NET+ as far as networking but in the meantime some links, tutorials, would be very helpful.
 Thanks anybody

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:04:20 AM by joediego »

joediego

• Level 1 Member
Re: DGS Web UI step-by-steps - screenshots
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »

Now I know why the term "Beta" is used.

300 views and yet not even a slick generic comment from D-link Mods. Showing customers they wont be abandoned if they buy D-link even if there not a guru, might be wise. 

Thanks for the commitment D-link.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:24:13 PM by joediego »

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: DGS Web UI step-by-steps - screenshots
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:57:25 AM »

In the future, do you want some sort of slick generic comment?  If that is the goal I can provide that, I just know I wouldn't appreciate it if roles were reversed.

You lacked a specified problem or question, you only had kind of a vague request.  A request which is currently filled to some extent by the FAQs on support.dlink.com.  I had made the assumption that you had seen them since this forum is linked from our support site, and you have obviously been thorough about looking for documentation.  I apologize for that.

I had read your post as you were looking for was peers to provide whatever generalised documentation they had come across that might assist in your edification.  Perhaps I had read that wrong as well.

That said we can't teach you networking, it is not pretty, but it is true.  I have no problem with you trying to learn the product, and wish you the best of luck, but we can't take the place of some real background knowledge of what you are trying to accomplish and why.

I am sorry if you feel abandoned, but I would be giving you a false impression if I told you that we can take the place of your knowledge of the technologies involved.  We are here to help, but we couldn't teach you networking if we wanted to.

It is worth noting that I am posing as Fatman, not as D-Link Employee #12345, I post my own thoughts and opinions, where I care to, not some script that has been handed to me for all takers.  Those are my orders, orders I am proud to have as opposed to being told to simply pacify customers with a slick generic comment.

Have I misunderstood this situation?

How can I help?
non progredi est regredi