• March 28, 2024, 12:47:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FTP Problem DNS-313  (Read 7465 times)

orchard43

• Level 1 Member
FTP Problem DNS-313
« on: January 07, 2010, 04:15:34 AM »

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I can't find a better one. I have a DNS-313 which I want to set up using its built-in FTP Server. I can access it quite normally using its LAN address of http://192.168.0.10. I use DynDNS activated on both router (Netgear DG834PN) and DNS-313 with Port 21 forwarded to 192.168.0.10. The DNS-313 shows the FTP server started and connected. However, I cannot access the DNS-313 via the Internet, where my DynDNS gets me only as far as the router login page. A Port Open check on my dynamic IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:21 shows that the request has been "refused" with the comment "this typically indicates that there are no services available on that port, but that it is NOT being blocked by a firewall or your ISP". It looks like a configuration problem with the DNS-313 (latest firmware 1.03) although I have followed instructions to the letter several times. Does anyone have any ideas please?   

skrupka

• Level 1 Member
Re: FTP Problem DNS-313
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »

Yes i have the same problem.  Not sure what is happening.  I made a post about it in here last week but I received no replies.

orchard43

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »

Sorry I have been so long getting back. Today I managed to borrow a DNS-323 to see if it had the same problem as the 313. It does. However, after several tests with both hardware and software I am pretty sure that the fault lies with the router, which is forwarding Port 21 correctly but not registering anything useful at the other end! The network configuration wizard in FileZilla Client reports "a problem with router or firewall", even when firewalls are disabled. I am using a Netgear DG834PN and will next try to borrow other routers to see how I get on. What router are you using?

skrupka

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »

Sorry I have been so long getting back. Today I managed to borrow a DNS-323 to see if it had the same problem as the 313. It does. However, after several tests with both hardware and software I am pretty sure that the fault lies with the router, which is forwarding Port 21 correctly but not registering anything useful at the other end! The network configuration wizard in FileZilla Client reports "a problem with router or firewall", even when firewalls are disabled. I am using a Netgear DG834PN and will next try to borrow other routers to see how I get on. What router are you using?

Motorola
Product Information
Model Number         VT2442
HW Revision         3

Its the router that was provided by Vonage for VOIP phone service.  it's a 5 port router. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »

Are you forwarding port 21 to port 21 at the IP address of the DNS-313 in the router firewall?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream