• April 18, 2024, 11:36:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with DynDNS  (Read 6023 times)

marc_al2

• Level 2 Member
Problem with DynDNS
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »

Hello,

I have a problem with the Dyndns : The router finds its internal address in the network.

Here is my configuration :
Internet (Real IP)  ==> Router from my ISP (192.168.1.1) ==> (192.168.1.2) Dir655 (192.168.0.1)
The router takes its ip adress from the WAN side without seeing that it is a local address.

Can you please tell me what I can do?

Thank you
Marc

marc_al2

• Level 2 Member
Re: Problem with DynDNS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

Hello,

I have made another test by putting my ISP router in bridge mode and Dyndns still doesn't work :
I enter my parameters and they are accepted (btw it could be great to have a message telling the IP or something like that). I can close the UI and go in it again and the parameters are still good

After that, when my ISP resets the connection (every 36 hours), DDNS isn't updated and when I am back to the DDNS page, the DDNS is disabled (like when I make an error) when encoding the parameters. After that, I can enable it again, but it doesn't accept to update.

I have the last EU firmware (Beta) (1.31 EU B2)

Can you please help me?
Thank you
Marc

andreasy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

If your problem is the same as mine (I'm not sure it is) then it is the way your ISP operates. Some ISPs don't use the best way to assign IPs (like mine) and make that feature impossible to work (DDNS on device).

Are you using a login page to log you onto your ISPs network?
If you use the DDNS client on your PC, does it update to the correct IP (the same as the one you see in whatismyip.com ?)

marc_al2

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

Hello,

Yes, I only have problems with Dlink
But I think I hgave the solution : I have put the timeout at 50 hours instead of the default 1 and I don't have a problem (4 days) (My ISP resets the connexion every 36 hours.
I can only guess that every hour was too much for Dyndns so they disconnected me everytime.

MArc