• April 16, 2024, 04:35:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HW version E1 FW5.0NA 615 router  (Read 3184 times)

a25105

• Level 1 Member
HW version E1 FW5.0NA 615 router
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »

Just bought a E1 router from Office Depot, my old C1 router goes to my mom.  Restored config.bin file from C1, everything works like a charm.  At least nothing serious that I am aware of.  Wireless speed seems to be a little faster on my ipod touch, it is noticeable.  Anyone knows what changed from C1 to E1?

UPDATE: After upgrading from C1 to E1 router and no changes on other hardware, my laptop is able to connect at 300Mb instead of 130 before.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:55:14 PM by a25105 »

gworkman

• Level 1 Member
Re: HW version E1 FW5.0NA 615 router
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:48 AM »

I had the E1 running for a few days and thought it might be a decent box.  One weekend, I decided to give my home network some sort of organization.  I have about 20 devices that connect to the network and wanted to use the DHCP settings to organize the IP addresses by device type (printers, PCs, Laptops, DirecTV DVRS, etc...)

After entering 10 devices, the unit started giving errors and would not accept any more changes.

I have become completely and utterly disgusted with D-Link.  My previous issues with hardware v c1 were never resolved.  After continuous arguments, they said they would never resolve my issue with their web filtering.  They would prefer I send all 40 units back for a refund.  Of course, removing those from 40 indivdual sites and producing receipts was impossible.  Instead, I had to revert them back to 3.01 firmware using hacks found through google, not DLink.

I have used only DLink hardware in my environment for over 5 years and felt they had always delivered a good product at a fair price.  The 615 series has tarnished their image FOREVER. 

Best Advice...steer clear of DIR-615 and, possibly, DLink.  Shame on them for not fixing hardware v. C1.