• April 16, 2024, 11:21:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sound detection for motion sensor  (Read 4062 times)

dedbunniez

• Level 1 Member
Sound detection for motion sensor
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »

I have been testing my new DCS-942L and found that while the motion detection works great it is sometime hindered by the audio mic setting of motion detection. I have turned down the microphone settings to the lowest (10) and the only difference is miniscule. The camera will still set off the motion detection prior to anyone being in the screen, and if the person enters the screen immediately after the noise the camera will not record the movement.

I have adjusted the sensitivity down to 25% and continued having the issue. I would like to record motion with sound. So either the microphone needs to be able to be adjusted lower, or not set off the motion detector.

Has anyone had any luck on setting this up?

jims123

• Level 1 Member
Re: Sound detection for motion sensor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »

Mine was seemingly Ok and tho in NITE mode pointing out to bright sun was triggering normally most of the time but in the course of an hour would false trigger say 5 to 15 times with no movement or audio..

Till I did the entire h/w re-set and re-program from CD cycle.. and reloaded 1.01 set MANUAL IR in the day night mode and am now triggering normally (only with Movement) with the area at about 1/3 screen and Mic audio level at 100% so.. if you have not reset and re-loaded 1.01 firmware i would try it cause that's what it took to fix the fluky behavior in mine..  JimS