• April 23, 2024, 12:18:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: GPL Source  (Read 7188 times)

mig

• Level 3 Member
GPL Source
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »

Can you provide a link to where D-Link has posted the GPL sources for the DNS-323 v1.06 firmware?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: GPL Source
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »

http://support.dlink.com/GPL.asp is your source for all current US GPL code.
http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/GPL.asp is your source for all listed International GPL code.

non progredi est regredi

mig

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »

Thank you for the link, Fatman.  The code referenced on the US link is for v1.05 firmware.
Could you prompt D-Link GPL code support to post the source for v1.06 firmware?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »

I will poke the powers that be, though to be honest I couldn't even tell what version the code posted applied to, nor that we necessarily added new GPL code with every version.

I would also like to add that if you wish to make an official GPL code request or GPL challenge then this is not the appropriate place.  I realize that this is so far nothing more than an extremely polite and informal request, however I have to cover my bases.  While this site is operated by D-Link a post here is not a direct written communication with D-Link, this is a place to discuss our products with other end-users.   That is a hint that I have no capacity to act as a representative of D-Link in that fashion.

For officious communication with D-Link I would try customerservice@dlink.com.
non progredi est regredi

iampedro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

Thank you for the link, Fatman.  The code referenced on the US link is for v1.05 firmware.
Could you prompt D-Link GPL code support to post the source for v1.06 firmware?

Are you trying to see if you can fix the problems with the xbox 360 streaming issues?

mig

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

I couldn't even tell what version the code posted applied to, nor that we necessarily added new GPL code with every version.
Besides the file dates for the posted code are from  May 2008 (release date of FW v1.05),
the sources for the added functions of UPS monitoring and SSL email are missing.

You are right this is just a friendly request (I forgot GPL issues can be sensitive to D-Link). 
I will follow up with another request to the email provided, thanks.

Are you trying to see if you can fix the problems with the xbox 360 streaming issues?
Nope, sorry I don't have a Xbox 360, just a Wii.  I was looking for the UPS support
sources (nut) and the mail notification sources (msmtp).

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »

I just wanted to make sure that it was clear that I am not the man with the code, and that this thread didn't end up on some GPL violations site and make this a sensitive issue for me personally.

The comment about being unsure of versions was mostly an observation so that if and when the guy who reviews the request I forwarded looks at this thread he might get the clue that I would like them to indicate version.  Me and my pipe dreams.
non progredi est regredi