• April 19, 2024, 10:17:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: wireless statistics seem odd  (Read 4009 times)

jbeale

• Level 1 Member
wireless statistics seem odd
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »

I have a D-Link DIR-615 rev.C with the latest firmware, 3.11NA just installed yesterday.  It seems to be working fine, as far as I can tell.

I happened to be looking at the statistics page, http://192.168.0.1/st_stats.asp  and I see the information below. It seems are no problems with the LAN and WAN, but the wireless stats seem odd.
Is it even possible for there to be more TX Dropped packets than were even sent?  Maybe I don't understand what "TX Packets Dropped" means. I had assumed it is a count of packets that were sent by the DIR615, but no reply was received from the remote client?  Or does it mean something else?

----------------
LAN Statistics
Sent :    439425   Received :    221443
TX Packets Dropped :    0   RX Packets Dropped :    0
Collisions :    0   Errors :    0

WAN Statistics
Sent :    227217   Received :    371126
TX Packets Dropped :    0   RX Packets Dropped :    0
Collisions :    0   Errors :    0

Wireless Statistics
Sent :    65132   Received :    25858
TX Packets Dropped :    68163   RX Packets Dropped :    0
        Errors :    10
---------------------

jbeale

• Level 1 Member
Re: wireless statistics seem odd
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

To reply to my own question, the on-line "help" function says the dropped packets might be interrupted during transmit due to radio interference or limited router resources.   Surprising, so apparently the router transmits a packet, but listens for interference on the same frequency at the same time? I didn't even realize that was possible.