• April 19, 2024, 08:05:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IR LEDs flicker at same time camera makes funny noises  (Read 1727 times)

Dudestein

• Level 1 Member
IR LEDs flicker at same time camera makes funny noises
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »

I've had this camera for nearly a year now.  It's been used as a Baby monitor and I've been very pleased with it.  It has been set to the IR mode essentially the time I've been using it.  Two days ago, I noticed the camera making what sounded like a camera lens zooming in & out sort of noise.  Upon closer inspection, I noticed the IR lights flickering in unison with the noise.  When I viewed the image through my iPhone app, it appeared the IR image was being lost in unison with when the IR lights flickered off.  If I set the camera to simply run in daylight mode, it works perfectly.  Only the IR is displaying the problem.  Since I really only view this camera at night to check on my sleeping child, this problem has essentially rendered the camera useless to me.

In an effort to troubleshoot & hopefully fix my problem, I installed the latest firmware update earlier today, but unfortunately, the problem remains.  I've also tried unplugging and re-plugging the camera back in with hope that a hard reboot would erase the problem...  again, no luck.  I was wondering if anyone else out there has had this issue, and if so, what advice or help can you offer.  Thanks in advance.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: IR LEDs flicker at same time camera makes funny noises
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:27:48 AM »

Did you try a different electrical outlet?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC