• April 24, 2024, 05:04:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FTP-Server  (Read 1936 times)

Fctroll

• Level 1 Member
FTP-Server
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:45:09 AM »

Hi, I have a DNS-320. Has put it up as an FTP server. Think anyway I have done right. Then I drive Kodi, a program to find the serve. In the program, I set at the NAS by WAN IP, but the problem is that it is empty, not access my stuff that I have. Has been on the settings managemen- accout management - network share and added to the hard drive as FTP but still I can not find the hard disk on the server.

Have I made a mistake somewhere? Hope you understand what I mean, and my English, because I'm Swedish.

Grateful for help.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: FTP-Server
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »

Let me check a few things.

1) are you trying to access the FTP server on the local network or from the internet?
2) have you created a user with password and assigned the folders/disk to that user and have you then enabled FTP for that user?
3) if you are trying to access the FTP server from the internet have you opened the necessary ports in your router firewall?
4) have you given the DNS-320 a fixed IP address on the local network (necessary to enable port forwarding on the router firewall)?

As a first test use an FTP client on your PC an the local network (example: FileZilla if you use windows) and try to connect to the fixed IP address, user and password of the DNS-320.  This will indicate if the FTP server is set up correctly.

Then move on to opening the necessary ports and port forwarding on your router firewall (be careful here or you could open your network to the outside world.  Also make sure you have a strong password set for the user of the FTP server.