• April 18, 2024, 11:43:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?  (Read 237495 times)

oldgit485

• Level 1 Member
Re: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »

Thanks all,for advice,have received it and installed two seagate 1TB in standard config.Have decided not to run RAID1 but schedule backups from Vol 1 to Vol 2 when I find out how.So far I am very pleased,it is well made, fan not noisy and shuts down ok.Transferred my MP3 file 25gb in under an hour as an initial test.
Thanks once again for help on this forum.
oldgit

strevellick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »

Do we have an estimated release date for 1.10 yet?  I was hoping for a beta last week but I understand we were waiting for some final testing.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »

Still working on a releasable beta. Planning for this week but thats pending no other hold ups. Will let you know as soon as one is available.

poinsy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »

Still working on a releasable beta. Planning for this week but thats pending no other hold ups. Will let you know as soon as one is available.

Thanks for the update. As a developer myself, I understand how tricky these things are. I was asked for an estimate for 46 (yes, 46!) changes/fixes to some financial software earlier today. It is almost impossible to give an accurate estimate. I would rather wait longer for some tested software, so, please do not rush :)

tfiveash

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »

If you are having touble with some of the features how about releasing the ones you have working.  Some of us have been waiting a long time with a lot of bugs and would really like to see some fixes.  Remember if you don't get them all in there is always 1.11.

Please do not hold up the whole release waiting on one problem.  By the way what can we look forward to in the way of fixes and new features?

Terry

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns323/Beta/

For those that can't wait for the beta section of the forum to open up. As soon as it does I will post release notes. Key features, 4k drive compatibility, DLNA media server, bonjour built in...still have to sort through some of the changes.-

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:59 AM »

Can you tell me if this is suitable for UK users? Also, when can we expect a non beta release?
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

orinoko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »

For those that can't wait for the beta section of the forum to open up. As soon as it does I will post release notes. Key features, 4k drive compatibility, DLNA media server, bonjour built in...still have to sort through some of the changes.-

Please say this fixes the Fan always on at low temperatures issue, I have just purchased the DNS-323 and this little issue is annoying! I presume its ok to flash a UK box, currently at 1.08 H/W Rev C1?

Thanks for posting the llink  :D

scaramanga

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »

I'm looking forward to reading the changelog. Was a bit surprised there wasn't one.
DNS-323 HW Rev. C1 FW 1.08 fun_plug 0.5
2 x Western Digital WD10EARS-00Y5B1 in Standard mode
(LLC changed to 5 minutes. Partitions aligned to 4K boundary)

kaviratna

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 06:18:57 AM »

Great! DLink you rock.
Can we update our firmware now or do you make some more tweaks befor you post it in Beta forum? Please let us know.

kaviratna

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »

Please say this fixes the Fan always on at low temperatures issue, I have just purchased the DNS-323 and this little issue is annoying! I presume its ok to flash a UK box, currently at 1.08 H/W Rev C1?

Thanks for posting the llink  :D

Hi Guys,

I have installed new Beta firmware. Here are my quick observations:

1. Fan is not working at all
2. My LG TV detects the dlna server and plays most of the video, Audio, Photo formats ( This is great news for people looking for DLNA option)

3. Loaded two Beta applications (Bit Torrent & Firefly) from the site. Now both of them gone from my addons list. So don't install Beta Addons

I will keep updating here as I observe more things

orinoko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have installed new Beta firmware. Here are my quick observations:

1. Fan is not working at all
2. My LG TV detects the dlna server and plays most of the video, Audio, Photo formats ( This is great news for people looking for DLNA option)

3. Loaded two Beta applications (Bit Torrent & Firefly) from the site. Now both of them gone from my addons list. So don't install Beta Addons

I will keep updating here as I observe more things

Oh.... I was going to install it as soon as I got in, Im worried if it kills the fan completely! Seems like the 1.10 firmware version has been sought after/in beta for quite some time?

kaviratna

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »

Oh.... I was going to install it as soon as I got in, Im worried if it kills the fan completely! Seems like the 1.10 firmware version has been sought after/in beta for quite some time?

Hi orinoko,

I don't know whether this Fan issue is related to Firmware or not. I never observed the Fan before I installed the Beta. As I saw your post, I went down to my basement and checked the Fan. I just purchased my NAS couple of weeks ago. So wait for others comments before you take decision.

orinoko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

Hi orinoko,

I don't know whether this Fan issue is related to Firmware or not. I never observed the Fan before I installed the Beta. As I saw your post, I went down to my basement and checked the Fan. I just purchased my NAS couple of weeks ago. So wait for others comments before you take decision.

Yeah I got my NAS about a week ago and currently, after the HDD's go into hibernation the fan just stays on even though it isnt needed as the temperature is already low - just a bit annoying as the NAS is silent when the fans arent on, im contemplating applying the beta firmware but a little aprehensive as I have dealt with beta's before!

I might wait for a bit more feedback from here first!

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »

Try a factory reset after a firmware upgrade. This may resolve your issues.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16