• March 28, 2024, 07:57:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Test Error  (Read 7250 times)

spyromike

• Level 1 Member
Test Error
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »

I am trying to set up an event that FTP's to my FTP server. I have several other D-Link cameras (different models) successfully configured and uploading to our FTP server on motion / sound detection.

This is the first DCS-7010L camera that we have added to our camera network.

The error message simply says "Test Error.". This is incredibly unhelpful. Is there a log or troubleshooting method I can use to find out exactly what the error is?

I am disappointed at how aimless that error message is - it does nothing to point a user in the right direction to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any help or suggestions on how to proceed before I return this camera?

Thanks,

Mike

spyromike

• Level 1 Member
Re: Test Error
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Or can someone tell me which ports need to be opened up for the camera?

Mike

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:34:24 PM »

Or can someone tell me which ports need to be opened up for the camera?

Mike

You probably are using a username/password that is incompatible, or incorrect directory structure.

This has nothing to do with ports on your router for your camera.

I don't have a 7010l, but some dlink cams use / or \ or no slash , etc...

try basics first.. no special chars in username/pwd... try / and \ and no slash...

please report back.

spyromike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »

You probably are using a username/password that is incompatible, or incorrect directory structure.

This has nothing to do with ports on your router for your camera.

I don't have a 7010l, but some dlink cams use / or \ or no slash , etc...

try basics first.. no special chars in username/pwd... try / and \ and no slash...

please report back.

I've confirmed that isn't the problem. The FTP server doesn't even see the login request come in. Something is blocking / preventing the outbound FTP connection from even reaching the server. Another camera on the same network is able to login and connect, for some reason this one will not.

spyromike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »

I figured it out. The problem was that the folder location started with "\" or "/" - which can work in the other camera models. It doesn't in this camera, so I had to change my folder location from "\Mail" to "Mail". It also won't accept a blank entry, so I had to configure my FTP account's default folder location accordingly.

They may want to fix this for the next firmware release as it is not consistent with how the other cameras accept folder locations. What is interesting is that the "\" would prevent the camera from even initiating an FTP test or connection.

Regards,

Mike

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

I figured it out. The problem was that the folder location started with "\" or "/" - which can work in the other camera models. It doesn't in this camera, so I had to change my folder location from "\Mail" to "Mail". It also won't accept a blank entry, so I had to configure my FTP account's default folder location accordingly.

They may want to fix this for the next firmware release as it is not consistent with how the other cameras accept folder locations. What is interesting is that the "\" would prevent the camera from even initiating an FTP test or connection.

Regards,

Mike

Unlikely... all these cameras are a pretty much a distinct mess.